Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Agricultural land purchase

Register

Click Here!

harivilas

I want to purchase about 30 acres of Agricultural Land in Maharashtra.

My wife's father who did possess farm lands in Andhra Pradesh has passed away and my wife and I don't know the exact location of the Land; we only know that the Land was somewhere in Patacheru, close to Hyderabad.

Under the circumstances, will it be possible for me to purchase the Land?

I was informed that I can do so if I prove my intent to farm with the Office of the Collector. How would I prove this?

I was also told that I can buy the Agricultural Land if I convert the Land to non-Agricultural (N/A). If I do that (conver to N/A), can I yet farm the Land?

Please let me have your phone and e-mail addresses if you wish me to contact you.

Regards | Harivilas

vny2kor

I want to purchase about 30 acres of Agricultural Land in Maharashtra.

My wife's father who did possess farm lands in Andhra Pradesh has passed away and my wife and I don't know the exact location of the Land; we only know that the Land was somewhere in Patacheru, close to Hyderabad.

Under the circumstances, will it be possible for me to purchase the Land?

I was informed that I can do so if I prove my intent to farm with the Office of the Collector. How would I prove this?

I was also told that I can buy the Agricultural Land if I convert the Land to non-Agricultural (N/A). If I do that (conver to N/A), can I yet farm the Land?

Please let me have your phone and e-mail addresses if you wish me to contact you.

Regards | Harivilas
Hmmm, its complicated. Actually you need to have your name as owner/ joint owner on "Khata" for any agricultural land and the land should be belonging to you/your family before 1972. In Maharashtra, as in Karnataka and Gujarat one needs to be a farmer to own agricultural land. There are couple of other conditions (e.g yearly income less then 2 lacs) etc to show that one is a farmer. If your wife has her name on "khata" for an agricultural land, it is best that you buy 30 acres on her name.

You can ofcourse convert the agricultural land to NA and use it for farming..but cost will increase dramatically(conversion costs)

Regards,
Vinay

harivilas

Thanks, Vinay

Thanks, Vinay, for your response.

So what is the way out and ahead? Is there some person whom I can professionally consult with?

raashi

Agri Land

Dear Brother,
My suggestion is to get your land transferred in your and your wife's name.
Get Khatha and Paani (encumberance certificate)
and then
Go for new land purchase.
Take care.
Raashi.