Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Agri tourism

Register

Click Here!

SWAMY1807

Agricultural Tourism is NOT the Holidays concept of Visiting a working farm or any agricultural, horticultural, or agribusiness operations for the purpose of enjoyment. But for education, or active involvement in the activities of the farm or operation. In general Agri Tourism is the effort of attaining Farmers or new comers in agricultural purposes.

Agritourism, as it is defined most broadly, involves any Agriculture-based operation or activity that brings visitors to a farm. Agri tourism has different definitions in different parts of the world, and sometimes refers specifically to farm stays, as in Italy. Agritourism includes a wide variety of activities, including buying produce direct from a farm stand, navigating a corn maze, picking fruit, feeding animals, or staying at a farm.

Agritourism is a tourism that considered an opportunity for one who wants to learn unique technicals used by smart people to reduce cost of production and to get good yield. Desired people an opportunity to educate them by visiting to the farms to know more knowledge to know how their tasty food is produced.

Any one is interested in touring to the destination where they wanted to study success stories?
Regards.
SWAMY

SWAMY1807

During my last tour, I had traveled about 2000 kilometers in car with my friends. The tour was very enjoyable with gaining of innovative knowledges which Iam adopting in my farm. The knowledge I have got cannot be measured in any terms. The farmers whom I met are aged from 25 years to 80 years old youngsters who are masters in their own fields.

Krishna Murthy (Hereinafter will call him as Young man) 70 year old who is graduated and served navy and traveled about 10 countries, he has got 3 children who are masters and settled in Bangalore and abroad with good positions. But Mr.Young man still staying in his village near to Mysore and he created his own kingdom of rich biodiversity.

Mr Young Man has got about 20 acres of land in which he doing Natural Farming and growing Ananus/Pineapple, Cashew, Coconut, Cocoa, Banana, Gliricedia, flowers, Ginger, Jack Fruit, Lemon, Mangium, Paddy, Venila and more spices which has got rich medicinal values. He has got native and jersey breed cattle for milk. He earns about 5 to 7 lakh in year without much investment.

After visiting his farm, I felt that still we can learn from achievers like Mr.Young man that how best we can get income from mother earth to live long with satisfied life in sustainable Agriculture.

During my stay with him for 24 hours was such a opportunity in my lifetime to learn lessons for peaceful life with agriculture.

SWAMY1807

2 acre farmer earns more than software engineer

Dear Friends,
During my last visit to a Farm, I saw a wonder in barren land.
Except that land all other lands bounded on all sides are still as it is.

A Doctor turned farmer purchased land about one and half acre about 3 years back, Only 3 years calculated risk rewarded with daily income that may be more than of a software engineer and it is non stoppable for not only his entire life, but also to his children and even to his grand children too!

Now he earns Rs.2000/- per day.
You must question as to what he is growing?
Apple yet to start yielding.
Arecanut not yet started yielding,
Chicken,
coconut- Coconuts are sitting on the earth from tree.
Mysore mallige flower
Lemon-Each plant carrying more than 2000 fruits.
Mango,
Orange,
Pomegranate,
Sapota and other totaling about 22 verities.

All above are grown with 1.5 inch water yield with power problem. I has not got any help from others than his own family members about 3 including himself. What inputs like chemicals and pesticides he is applying for this production? Answer is ZERO.

What best achievement than this is required?

You may know other farmer who may achieved even more success, any one can come up with such success hero?

JAI HO FARMER DOCTOR.
Regards.
SWAMY.

wwoof

Dear Sir

Could you please send the contact details of these farmers to us . We can send volunteers to work on these farms for free

Thanks

Harish

Last edited by a moderator:

mkbhadra

information

Dear Mr Swamy

I am very impressed with the stories you gave for agri tourim
I am graduate from Mumbai
I have land at kutch Gujarat
I am very much intersted in doing agriculture but have zero knowledge about it
Can you help me by giving some reference about farming and setting up agri tourism

please contact me

gala1981

please send me more information about the agri tourism with cost involved for the same.

SWAMY1807

Date can be sure in drought lands

Today I had been to one of my friends farm in which I saw healthy DATEs to my surprise it is proved that Any drought area including 13.09'16.60N 78.28'48.86E can give very good results with DATES.

For his efforts from past 10 years now he has got rewarded with fruits of Guava(Very tasty fruits available), Almond with crop, Lemon, Sapota (Fruits can be harvesting round the year without break), Jack fruit (its attractive aroma of ripened fruit in plant can be smelled even at 25 feet distance, Amla, fig, Mango, Jambu Nerale, jumbo lemon (50o grams of weight?) all season in the year.

It is fro my surprise to know custard Apple bearing full of flowers and lemon sized un ripened fruit too today!(This is not the season for Custard Apple?)

Literally surrounded area is barren land surrounded without any cultivation. He created orchard in such a beautiful way, it is perfect combination of crops which are giving fruits round the year without any break. What best required than this?

SWAMY1807

Today 05042012 myself and other 2 farming lovers visited Dates farm and nursery owned by TN farmer who has got success to earn good returns money through crop and sale of plants grown by him and imported from middle east.

Dates can be grown any part of India and it can address all problems of drought, poor soils and gives good yield. The rate of plants are for each tissue culture imported plant is Rs.3600/- is the big problem for all farmers.

TN has growing this crop in 3000 acres and Karnataka farmers also growing in considerable extent about 50 to 100 acres.If Farmers can come forward and place demand in large quantity.Than rate can be reduced.

Further more if Farmers come forward, even we can initiate efforts to get develop tissue culture plants here in Bangalore.

Let me see how many interested.

SWAMY1807

Agri tour for school children

Dear Parents,
Hope exams are concluded for your children and what to do next for their productive time management as they may ask you to take fro tour to anywhere?

Instead of going to routine places why can't think of going to agriculturist place and show some facts of agriculture to your children as Agriculture plays important role in all human being? of

Any one interested please call for agri tour mainly in Karnataka and rest India too.
Regards.

back2basics

Good thought , for next generation government should introduce agriculture in syllabus for children and take the students on agriculture tourism.

SWAMY1807

During my tour to Kodagu on 15-Jul-2012, I met a farmer who cultivated a lemon which looks like orange, its pulp can be removed like orange and farmer claims that one liter juice can be prepared with one lemon.

I bought lemon as well as seeds for my data base and to grow.
As per my observation Coorg & Malnad areas farmers in Karnataka are really innovators, every one is master in his own field.
I salute them for their talent.

dns1807

After long gap, again wanted to share some information of tourism,
Agri tourism is interesting and it every one should know it because, every days food is coming from their.
If you know how your food is grown, then you know the real information of food.
You can forget everything, but, any human being cannot forget food.

Agri Tourism will lot more information as well as inspiration for any one self sustainability.
Any one can come up with their farm tour to share with members.
Regards,
SWAMY-8123019678