Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

advice need for pump selection for my bore well

Register

Click Here!

jothisudha

Hello,
Sir, my bore well depth is 600 feet,
very limited water available. very frequently i am facing problem of pump repair i find it very expensive for repair the same pl advice me how to select correct and suitable pump. presently i am using three phase local made 10.H.P. MOTOR. Any solar pump is available for economical cost.

kirti s

Hello Sir

u can use solar but the cost is very high, for price details contact +(91)-(120)-4351618, +(91)-9810259483

for some days follow the below measures
Do not let a centrifugal pump operate for long periods of time at zero flow.
The pressure switch shuts the pump down when the pressure is high which means there is low or no flow.

To ensure that the pump stays full of the water use a check valve (also called a foot valve) at the water source end of the suction line.

The discharge pipe size can be the same size as the pump discharge connection.

Typical velocity range used for sizing pipes on the discharge side of the pump is 9-12 ft/s and for the suction side 3-6 ft/s.

Select your pump based on total head (not discharge pressure) and flow rate.
The flow rate will depend on your maximum requirement.
Total head is the amount of energy that the pump needs to deliver to account for the elevation difference and friction loss in your system

Manufacturers are normally a very good source of information for final pump selection and you should always consult with them.
They can help you select the right type, model, and speed

Hello,
Sir, my bore well depth is 600 feet,
very limited water available. very frequently i am facing problem of pump repair i find it very expensive for repair the same pl advice me how to select correct and suitable pump. presently i am using three phase local made 10.H.P. MOTOR. Any solar pump is available for economical cost.
Dear Jothisudha,

Pump damage occurs for various reasons like voltage fluctuation, dry run etc.Most common problem is voltage fluctuations, where most of the local pumps are not designed to operate at low voltage levels

My advice to you is first to size your pump correctly by

A)Identifying the total head
B)Estimate the water requirement
C)Match the above with a reputed manufacturer's discharge curve

Solar is feasible if;You dont have electricity or have a very erratic supply.

Do call me @ 9566600477 or email me saravana.kumar@greencurrent.in for a discussion. Let us see if we can offer you a technically performing solution at an affordable cost.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar
CEO
Greencurrent Solar Energy Systems