Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Advice for buying agricultural land.

Register

Click Here!

vccground

I am working in the I.T industry in Hyderabad. None in our family or near relatives is involved into the business of agriculture or owns any agricultural land. Neither I know the ABC of agriculture nor have any firsthand experience of rural/village life.

Our apartment watchman's family wants to sell their land in some village in the Warangal district of A.P. The rate being quoted is about 1 lac per acre. They say given the local terrain and the limited water availability, only crops like cotton and groundnut are feasible. I have always had the desire of owning farm land and now I feel this is a good opportunity to fulfil that.

But, I don't know and am wondering if I am allowed to buy and own agricultural land. I heard from elders in the family that fore, forefathers used to own some lands and do farming, but nobody has any kind of document to prove that.

Can I buy and own the land? What is the procedure for doing this? More so, is it a good idea to acquire the property in the Warangal district? I can visit the site once in a while, even every month if need be, as it's not too far from Hyderabad.

I can only think of leasing the property if and when I do buy the land. Any comments on the price being quoted and any practical and useful ideas, advice, tips in this regard my idea as a whole, please. Thank you.

karthik620

Hi VCCground,

I am in a similar position - as regards the legal aspects - you are permitted to buy agricultural land in AP (without any prior agri requirement). It is prohibited in karnataka.

I do not have any comments on warangal - but i woudl advise you to check the title of the land carefully and to make sure all family members of the vendor have agreed in writing to the sale - or you would end up with some family dispute putting your land under litigation.

Cheers and best wishes for the future plans.

aumsairam

1) A very fertile agri land located at Marandahalli for sale.The land has a mixed soil condition of black cotton and red soil. The total extent is nine acres and has two bore wells and one open well powered by the free power supply (Electric connection) provided for agricultural use by the Government of Tamilnadu. The distance from Bangalore Majestic bus stand is 125 KM to the land point. The nearest railway station is 10 KM from the land point.Interested buyers can contact 09894602906 for land inspection.

2) A fertile agri land located at a distance of 75 KM from Bangalore Majestic bus stand is for sale. The total extent is 6 acres and has fertile red soil.The land has village tar road approach.The nearest railway station "Periya Naga Thunai" railway station is 10 KM from the land point.Another railway station in Kelamagalam hamlet town is 15 KM from the land point. Interested buyers can contact 09894602906 for more details.