Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

A large Dairy Farm

Register

Click Here!

jeyasunderam

I am in the process of acquiring a Dairy Farm of 200 hectares with 175 hectare of Developed land and 25 hectares of Undeveloped land. This farm is located in the hills where the temperature is cool at 16 to 21deg C through out the year. Currently there are 250 Cows ( Pure bred Jersey ) and 190 heifers in this farm.

I am looking for a joint venture partner to redevelop and expand this farm. please email
Thanks and regards

Jeyasunderam

Last edited by a moderator:

ppnair

pl.send the details contact information,place etc

pl.send the details contact information,place etc

WITH KIND REGARDS,
ACHARYA LLP,
KERALA
PRASANTH P NAIR
E.DIRECTOR
Please contact...

I am in the process of acquiring a Dairy Farm of 200 hectares with 175 hectare of Developed land and 25 hectares of Undeveloped land. This farm is located in the hills where the temperature is cool at 16 to 21deg C through out the year. Currently there are 250 Cows ( Pure bred Jersey ) and 190 heifers in this farm.

I am looking for a joint venture partner to redevelop and expand this farm. please email
Thanks and regards

Jeyasunderam

jaganath

cows

sir
this is jaganath from banglore i can provide the cows how much u needed so plz contact me

kamal121singh

i want to start dairy farm in punjab

i want complete knowledge about the dairy business.
1.which breed is best for this area.
2.what is the cost of animal
3.avg. per day feed cost
4.what is profit of this business
5.how many no. of cows to start with
6.is it better to start with hiefers or with 1-2 years cows

prateekvaish

Dear Mr. Singh,
Pls find answers to all your queries as given below:-
1. Best breed of cow for Tarai area of Punjab i.e. doaba (Ludhiana, kapoorthala, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Navashaher, Patiala, Nabha, Monga, Sangrur etc) is Holstein of crossbreed HF. Best breed of cow for himanchal border areas like Hoshiarpur and chandigarh are Jersey or crossbreed jersey and crossbreed HF. Best breed of Buffalo is Murrah though Nili Ravi could be an option for areas like Firozpur.
2. Cost of good cow or buffalo should be around 50,000 INR.
3. Average per day feed cost is Rs. 100/- per animal.
4.ROI from the very first year should be between 22 to 25%
5. Minimum 30 (for efficient division of labour and fixed costs) any addition should be in multiples of 15.
6. It is better to start with young lactating/pregnent animals as it is difficult to source pedigreed heifers. The age of cow/buffalo should be less than 4 years in any case.
For more information feel free to call me at 09936286478 or visit us at Model Dairy Farm
Thanx and regards,

Prateek
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com
visit us on web : Model Dairy Farm | dairy cattle, hf cow, jersey cow, sahiwal cow, cross breed cow, murrah buffalo, hf buffalo, hf bull, murrah bull, farm fresh products, cow ghee, paneer, khoa, curd, milk badam, organic basmati rice, cattle feed, farm yard manure, c