Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

A change in career

Register

Click Here!

farmindia

Hi Folks,

Looking at the present scenario of our country, I feel that we are becoming more and more arrogant and selfish living in the cities.

I have a fantasy dream that turning away from these cities and move towards farming and living in a local community would provide me a better standard of living both physically and mentally.

I am thinking of completely changing my career towards farming with efficient machinery and organic way.

It is just a dream, But I would love to start learning things from experts. It is better to stay away all these worthless nuisances and live a ordinary way of living.

jamshedg

Buddy I am going through same face in my life.

Don’t forget village life is 10 times harder than city life and your dream of community living is long dead- Tks to our cast/religion divide, politician, illiteracy and basic greedy nature of humans.

But keep trying. Try to start small instead of dislocating yours and your family from city.
ALL THE BEST

saikiranl

hi i am also thinking like you if this offer still available then send a message

Last edited by a moderator:

rsrs_in

The level of professional maturity at which the country is currently, farming cannot be a career or bread earning profession - it has to be a hobby. I have started some basic work on this in parallel and can share that one cannot earn a living by farming, irrespective of what any experts tell you.

It has to be started on the sidelines and you should be financially independant before one take the plunge full time.

Happy to help where possible and learn any thoughts the group has.

nabeelrshaikh

hi, just saw your post, i dont know if your dream came true by now or no, but as one of the people said that farming is a very painstaking task , if u r born and brought up in the rural part then its ok, but if u have spent major part of ur life in the cities then it wud b difficult for u to survive, but it is possible, u can earn money from farming, but it will be nothing compared to what u get in the city. Keep ur mind open and try to get as much info as possible.

mandaro

Hello!
I am dreaming the SAME! Are you still looking forward to it or have done something in that direction?
Regards,
Mandar

alwarn

I agree. I am also doing this in parallel for the past 3 years. I do draw a lot of inspiration from what I am doing. But money just being spent on this venture. However that money being spent on fencing, labour, drilling, tilling etc are better than wasting money in cities on servent maids, accessories, malls, sometimes school activities, magazines and books (which you will never read), house rent and so on.....

To start your rural venture, the first thing is to get a buying from your entire family. Atleast the near ones. Without which you cannot get peace of mind. What you start with enthu initially will become a double burden and a hopless target. Secondly you should be willing to dump some money every month without returns. thirdly remember the world is not straight. Whatever you plan according to your urban educated managerial style, on the ground when rubber hits the road, the effeciency will translate to only 20%. Therefore need to be flexible in thinking. Fourthly you need to start something in a place where you can frequent few times a year. Better near your native place. Fifthly you need to have a friend. You can cultivate a local guy also. More than money, village people expect love and affection, trust and a promise to future.

As RS has written, i am also available for any help in this regard. Whatever i did, when I did, i could not get proper guidance from anyone. It is just not available. Therefore you are always on your own making judgements.

Wish you all the best all of you.
My number 8411008157

rao someswara

I agree. I am also doing this in parallel for the past 3 years. I do draw a lot of inspiration from what I am doing. But money just being spent on this venture. However that money being spent on fencing, labour, drilling, tilling etc are better than wasting money in cities on servent maids, accessories, malls, sometimes school activities, magazines and books (which you will never read), house rent and so on.....

To start your rural venture, the first thing is to get a buying from your entire family. Atleast the near ones. Without which you cannot get peace of mind. What you start with enthu initially will become a double burden and a hopless target. Secondly you should be willing to dump some money every month without returns. thirdly remember the world is not straight. Whatever you plan according to your urban educated managerial style, on the ground when rubber hits the road, the effeciency will translate to only 20%. Therefore need to be flexible in thinking. Fourthly you need to start something in a place where you can frequent few times a year. Better near your native place. Fifthly you need to have a friend. You can cultivate a local guy also. More than money, village people expect love and affection, trust and a promise to future.

As RS has written, i am also available for any help in this regard. Whatever i did, when I did, i could not get proper guidance from anyone. It is just not available. Therefore you are always on your own making judgements.

Wish you all the best all of you.
My number 8411008157
Hello All.
Certainly like minded people's experience will count and I also agree with Alwaran.
since you have spent some time on your project, your feedback will help others who all willing to take these kind of project, and even I am also in same thinking of taking some farming therefore sharing your contact will help us and will call you very seen.
Regards.
Rao Someswara

alwarn

Hello All.
Certainly like minded people's experience will count and I also agree with Alwaran.
since you have spent some time on your project, your feedback will help others who all willing to take these kind of project, and even I am also in same thinking of taking some farming therefore sharing your contact will help us and will call you very seen.
Regards.
Rao Someswara
Dear Mr. Rao and Others. Inspired by you all and also to fulfill my long lasting desire to share my experience as I go along ( I am still new to Agriculture and has just started my journey), i have started a blog as follows; IT to Farming at Nachankulam

I intend to also post my past experience since the time i started purchasing the land (Which is important), registration experiences, Patta, survey, fencing, change of ideas, overall expenditure in each stage, what I intended to do and what I finally did etc..

Please note that i have not started growing anything so far. But I intend to do very soon - in another 6 months time. I was preparing my land and environment for this all along and still doing it. That may give you dis-appointment in not reading into a farmer's growing experience, but might provide a satisfaction on reading how an IT guy gets into this gradually to fulfill his dreams, with an element of surprise if he will ever make it or not. At this juncture as things stands out, I am positive.

alwarn

Dear All, as promised i have put my humble efforts to update my blog radhamuralifarms.blogspot.in with my learnings which is unworthy of mention to august audience. Please keep watching this as it is continuously being updated... The notes may be useful to people like me who are first time farmers who have nothing to refer to.