Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Trees that can grow

Register

Click Here!

sankaracs

In some part of my land the soil is shallow (depth is only 1.5 to 2.5 feet) and some calcareous rocks/hard rocks can be seen. This is almost >1 Acre and want to make it useful. I was planning to grow Casuarina Tree in very shallow place 1 to 2 feet soil depth and other plans timber trees like Kumil, Terminalia arjuna and few other native trees. Please let me know if you have any suggestion on what can grow in these type of lands. I don't want to do seasonal crops or fruit trees. Appreciate your response.

ecojobsin

In some part of my land the soil is shallow (depth is only 1.5 to 2.5 feet) and some calcareous rocks/hard rocks can be seen. This is almost >1 Acre and want to make it useful. I was planning to grow Casuarina Tree in very shallow place 1 to 2 feet soil depth and other plans timber trees like Kumil, Terminalia arjuna and few other native trees. Please let me know if you have any suggestion on what can grow in these type of lands. I don't want to do seasonal crops or fruit trees. Appreciate your response.
You can try Bamboo varieties, Melia Dubia, Tamarind, Amla and other trees you mentioned, and also Rock Banana, Somalatha and many valuable creepers that can generate income and cover the rocks and improve the soil and atmosphere. You can enrich the rocky terrain by spreading seeds of the ground creeper wild beans varieties during the start of the rain, all over the surface soil wherever soil available on the rocks. Gradually the vegetation can turn into natural mulch and later into soil on the rocks. We provide complete consultancy services for farming including conversion of barren lands, waste lands, rocky lands into income generation projects with lowest cost. If you need any further information / assistance/supply of required seeds/saplings etc. please feel free to contact us ;privately by clicking on our name > start conversation (Please note contact details are not allowed in public posts in this site)