Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mr. Sanjay Dhirajlal Tilva-Invents groundnut digger to improve harvesting efficiency

Register

Click Here!

editorialteam

Invents groundnut digger to improve harvesting efficiency and minimize expenses. Based at Rajkot, Gujarat

Manually harvesting groundnut leads to the loss of crop as well as being labour intensive the expenses are increased. To resolve the problems Mr. Sanjay Dhirajlal Tilva, a groundnut growing farmer invented groundnut digger to dig out, uproot and clean the groundnuts through his agricultural implement. He is based at Rajkot, Gujarat.
shandhfkf.jpg
Mr. Sanjay Dhirajlal Tilva

With the groundnut digger the pods are damaged very less than the manual process. Digger can be used in different kinds of soil. In just one hour it can harvest groundnuts in 3-4 beegha (0.4 acre). It is operated single handedly. It is a tractor mounted machine that runs on 35 HP and above to dig out and uproot the groundnut. “First and foremost groundnuts are uprooted with the in-built harvesting blade and the nuts come on the plate. From the plate the uprooted groundnuts are moved from ground to a higher level for collection using a conveyor belt. The belt keeps vibrating as a result of soil gets separated from the nuts. It then moves to the spread bed for drying,” Mr. Tilva elaborates on the working. The harvesting blade is V-shaped that works on different kind of soil because it has been hardened by treating at very high temperature in oil.

The groundnut digger comprises of a telescopic propeller shaft, gearbox for suiting the machine to be fitted with standard 540 or 1000 rpm PTO, heavy duty endless chain conveyor made of MS flat of 1165 x 40 x 8 mm - riveted/bolted at 125 mm spacing to two chains with driving sprockets and support wheels in the middle, digging blades arranged in V shape of dimensions 1070 x 125 x 12 mm made of EN8 (high carbon steel). Digging efficiency is claimed to be 98% by Mr. Tilva. The effective width of cutting is 1250 mm while effective depth of cutting varies between 100 – 120 mm.
_DSC0018.jpg
It has two wheels under conveyor to reduce the load on the tractor. It is a maintenance free implement. It is powder coated therefore do not get rusted.

When asked about the limitation of digger to harvest only groundnut he says, “I am working on few attachments so that the same equipment can be used for harvesting turmeric and ginger from the soil. The work is in process and surely it would be created but still not sure how long it would take. But I will bring out the attachments to make the digger value for money investment for the farmers.”

Mr. Tilva belongs to an agriculture family hence since childhood he was involved in farming activities. He cultivates groundnut in his farmland. “Being a farmer myself I faced immense problems in harvesting groundnut. It was a tedious process and labor problems mounted every year. Therefore I decided to find the solution through which the harvesting proficiency could be improved! The only way out was to mechanize the entire process and with this thought I started working in 2007,” he recalls on his journey to invent the groundnut digger. It took the hard work of 6 years and finally the implement was ready by 2013. After taking the patent and completing all legal formalities groundnut digger was introduced in the market in 2014. Since then more than 100 pieces have been sold in total within India as well as exported to Africa. Response received is encouraging.

Presently the groundnut digger is sold at Rs. 1.15 lakh (excluding transportation and tax). It is sold by the company Akshar Agro Engineering. In future, apart from working on the attachments to harvest turmeric and ginger Mr. Tilva is working on harvesting equipments for cotton.

He concludes, “My father was engaged in farming while brother in agricultural machinery trading. So I could understand both aspects well. On seeing the problem in farming I could solve it using mechanization. My groundnut digger is blend of both that saves considerable labour, operating time and cost of operation compared to conventional methods.”

Contact details:
Akshar Agro Engineering
Survey no 191, Plot no 7/a, N.H. Highway, Behind Orchev Pharma, Shantidham Society Main Road,
Veraval(Shapar), Rajkot. Gujarat, India.
Phone: 02827-253315
Email: info@aksharagro.in
Web: www.aksharagro.in

shri21_jagtap

Very well
Invents groundnut digger to improve harvesting efficiency and minimize expenses. Based at Rajkot, Gujarat

Manually harvesting groundnut leads to the loss of crop as well as being labour intensive the expenses are increased. To resolve the problems Mr. Sanjay Dhirajlal Tilva, a groundnut growing farmer invented groundnut digger to dig out, uproot and clean the groundnuts through his agricultural implement. He is based at Rajkot, Gujarat.
View attachment 1279
Mr. Sanjay Dhirajlal Tilva

With the groundnut digger the pods are damaged very less than the manual process. Digger can be used in different kinds of soil. In just one hour it can harvest groundnuts in 3-4 beegha (0.4 acre). It is operated single handedly. It is a tractor mounted machine that runs on 35 HP and above to dig out and uproot the groundnut. “First and foremost groundnuts are uprooted with the in-built harvesting blade and the nuts come on the plate. From the plate the uprooted groundnuts are moved from ground to a higher level for collection using a conveyor belt. The belt keeps vibrating as a result of soil gets separated from the nuts. It then moves to the spread bed for drying,” Mr. Tilva elaborates on the working. The harvesting blade is V-shaped that works on different kind of soil because it has been hardened by treating at very high temperature in oil.

The groundnut digger comprises of a telescopic propeller shaft, gearbox for suiting the machine to be fitted with standard 540 or 1000 rpm PTO, heavy duty endless chain conveyor made of MS flat of 1165 x 40 x 8 mm - riveted/bolted at 125 mm spacing to two chains with driving sprockets and support wheels in the middle, digging blades arranged in V shape of dimensions 1070 x 125 x 12 mm made of EN8 (high carbon steel). Digging efficiency is claimed to be 98% by Mr. Tilva. The effective width of cutting is 1250 mm while effective depth of cutting varies between 100 – 120 mm.
View attachment 1280
It has two wheels under conveyor to reduce the load on the tractor. It is a maintenance free implement. It is powder coated therefore do not get rusted.

When asked about the limitation of digger to harvest only groundnut he says, “I am working on few attachments so that the same equipment can be used for harvesting turmeric and ginger from the soil. The work is in process and surely it would be created but still not sure how long it would take. But I will bring out the attachments to make the digger value for money investment for the farmers.”

Mr. Tilva belongs to an agriculture family hence since childhood he was involved in farming activities. He cultivates groundnut in his farmland. “Being a farmer myself I faced immense problems in harvesting groundnut. It was a tedious process and labor problems mounted every year. Therefore I decided to find the solution through which the harvesting proficiency could be improved! The only way out was to mechanize the entire process and with this thought I started working in 2007,” he recalls on his journey to invent the groundnut digger. It took the hard work of 6 years and finally the implement was ready by 2013. After taking the patent and completing all legal formalities groundnut digger was introduced in the market in 2014. Since then more than 100 pieces have been sold in total within India as well as exported to Africa. Response received is encouraging.

Presently the groundnut digger is sold at Rs. 1.15 lakh (excluding transportation and tax). It is sold by the company Akshar Agro Engineering. In future, apart from working on the attachments to harvest turmeric and ginger Mr. Tilva is working on harvesting equipments for cotton.

He concludes, “My father was engaged in farming while brother in agricultural machinery trading. So I could understand both aspects well. On seeing the problem in farming I could solve it using mechanization. My groundnut digger is blend of both that saves considerable labour, operating time and cost of operation compared to conventional methods.”

Contact details:
Akshar Agro Engineering
Survey no 191, Plot no 7/a, N.H. Highway, Behind Orchev Pharma, Shantidham Society Main Road,
Veraval(Shapar), Rajkot. Gujarat, India.
Phone: 02827-253315
Email: info@aksharagro.in
Web: www.aksharagro.in
Very well..!! What will be its price?