Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question How Profitable is Moringa (Drumsticks) Cultivation .

Register

Click Here!

atul shah

Drum stick cultivation

pl call back we are intrested in 100 acre DRUM STICK PLANTATION in Gujarat.atul shah cell 09898809898

rams7777

How was your crop? Did you get the yields you expected ? Whats the return you got per acre?
Thank you
Ram

Hello,

I am planning Moringa(Drumsticks) on my farm. We have red loamy soil on a dry land belt. 4inch water is available from 2 borewells. We will opt for drip irrigation.

From the information i have, one can get 20tonnes yield per acre in one year. Current mandi rate for drumsticks is 35 rs/kg (say 30rs)
So, one can expect gross receipts of 30rsX20000kg=6lacs per acre per annum.

The cost involved is Land development + seeds/samplings.

Is this information correct??
Am i missing something??

Expecting advice from people already into moringa cultivation.

thanks in advance,
Rehman.

sbikathirvel

Mr.RAM plz don't believe

Mr.RAM you haired something from other, that is 50% correct.
you can get 20 ton per acre. but the rate is different depend upon the seasons.
in march you can get the first season corp & the rate is 5Rs to7Rs.
After the 70% first season harvest completed, the rate will increase up to 25 Rs.
in April month ending summer rain will come one or two days.
When the rain start, the drumstick tree will loose all flowers and up to 7 days baby drumstick also.
After the rain completed, the tree will give new flowers 5 days later.
So in between this 15 days the tree will stopped all production.
Flower to vegetable harvesting time 40 to 45 days.
So after 40 days of rain you can't harvest, this time the rate is nearly 100 rs.
Then second season crop will start july & augest. this season the rate is nearly 12 to 30 rs.
then the third season corp will start the month of September end. October end rain will come.
so third season you can get 30 to 60% production.this season you can get 15 to 60 rs per kg.
ok, now the expenses:
for 65kg package, 100 Rs harvesting salary. package (koni+mate) 50 rs.transportation 100rs. commission for whole sale seller 10%. total 280 rs for 65 kg package. so 4rs per kg for harvesting to selling expenses. remaining farming expenses not calculated here. if u have any doubt plz contact me kathirvel.vg@gmail.com

sbikathirvel

Mr.RAHMAN plz don't believe

Mr.RAhman you haired something from other, that is 50% correct.
you can get 20 ton per acre. but the rate is different depend upon the seasons.
in march you can get the first season corp & the rate is 5Rs to7Rs.
After the 70% first season harvest completed, the rate will increase up to 25 Rs.
in April month ending summer rain will come one or two days.
When the rain start, the drumstick tree will loose all flowers and up to 7 days baby drumstick also.
After the rain completed, the tree will give new flowers 5 days later.
So in between this 15 days the tree will stopped all production.
Flower to vegetable harvesting time 40 to 45 days.
So after 40 days of rain you can't harvest, this time the rate is nearly 100 rs.
Then second season crop will start july & augest. this season the rate is nearly 12 to 30 rs.
then the third season corp will start the month of September end. October end rain will come.
so third season you can get 30 to 60% production.this season you can get 15 to 60 rs per kg.
ok, now the expenses:
for 65kg package, 100 Rs harvesting salary. package (koni+mate) 50 rs.transportation 100rs. commission for whole sale seller 10%. total 280 rs for 65 kg package. so 4rs per kg for harvesting to selling expenses. remaining farming expenses not calculated here. if u have any doubt plz contact me kathirvel.vg@gmail.com

anand_dwarka

Dear Dost

Thanks for valuable information about your drumstick.

I also want to cultivation of drumstick. i am also new in farming. if required i take advice from you.

Anand Solanki

indian agri

This is second season ie. August we got only 2 Rs and 3 Rs per kg... Ended up with a huge loose. Not even 2000 Rs we got from all our 20 acres.... So sad...

ghanekarumesh

hello sir, i want start the drumstick farming in raigad (rasal) so please give me information about that. my phone no- 91 9011500506. (Umesh Ghanekar)

mraja

..can set up Moringa plantation exclusively for Moringa seeds on 3 Acres to 10 Acres, if buy back is assured.
Advise.

pramoliya

Get millions of revenue by contract farming. Cultivate to herbal medicinal product. Such as aloe vera, kalmegh, white musli, shatavari, chicory, brahmi, asalo, jivanti, lemongrass, basil and many more. Information will be provided from plantation to selling. Open the link below for more information. https://goo.gl/XVDeLC

kp1966

HAI
Which drum stick seed is good pmk1 or pmk 2 or any other seed suitable for coastal whether and soil and i am interested for long drumsticks for my 2 acres land

garao56

Dear sri Rahman K

Please take up drumstic crop as you desire but the yield estimates not that much level . In the market each drumstick is being sold at Rs.5 to 10/- depending upon the season. If you are able to get 100 - 200 drumsticks per plant then it is viable. Please also try to market dried powder of drumstick leaves which is in great demand. Rs. 50/- for 100 grams is being charged at KVKs .

Please contact us for further details .

G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag)

Last edited by a moderator:

mmmahesh

My Experience for Drumstick growers

Dear All,

I am cultivating Drumsticks in my farm on around 3 acres of area. My farm is located in Raigad District of Maharashtra. When started, I was quite new to farming. I ventured into agriculture on the basis of information gathered on net and visiting exhibitions and meeting drumstick farmers in Maharashtra.

I decided to plant drumstick on the basis of soil type, water availability. The 30-40 days old saplings were sourced from a reliable farmer who is into drumstick cultivation for many years. But the decision to plant the trees in Monsoon proved to be a mistek as the heavy rains in monsoon ruined the plantation. The plants were very delicate and could not withstand the heavy rains. The whole lot of 1200 plants were lost and had to be replanted in october. Now the plants are 9 months old started bearing pods. On the advice of the experts, I have done the pruning of the trees for better growth.

Now waiting for the first season of harvesting. Even I am wondering about the output in the first season... Expecting around 10-15 kg. of pods per plant. I have learnt that one plant gives 30-35 kg. output per season. Hope to have this result very soon. The rate expected is around Rs. 20-25 Kg. If I sale the produce in the farm itself. Exploring the different possibilities of Marketing for Better rates.

I am sharing my experience for the new farmers/growers and also to receive quality suggestions for better performance in yield and rates. All the best...
Hi
Pls share your contact details even my plantation failed in Mahad as I planted in monsoon. Need to talk.
Mahesh Malkar

Last edited by a moderator: