Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

regarding prawn culture

Register

Click Here!

sanjaypawar

hi, sir,

i, am interested in starting prawn culture, and also interested in growing medicinal plant, but i, am confused in what to start, will you, please help me to select the best which will give me higest profit, and margin by starting with small investment

fishfarm

Dear Sanjay.
You can do both together. For aqua culture you need a pond. When you keep fishes & prawns, you have to replace part of the pond water daily with fresh water. The water you remove from the pond is contaminated with nitrates & nitrites due to fish excreta. This nitrate/nitrite rich water is very good for plants. More over once you have done the pond preparation & stocked the pond with fishes/prawns then there is not much work except feeding & replacing water daily.
For further details send me a private mail.
Sushil

padmanabhan_ganesan

hi, sir,

i, am interested in starting prawn culture, and also interested in growing medicinal plant, but i, am confused in what to start, will you, please help me to select the best which will give me higest profit, and margin by starting with small investment
Hi sanjaypawar,
Prawn culture has good income potential while growing medicinal plant has reasonable income potential. Both are entirely different and hence you can come to a conclusion on your own.

Prawn culture needs more inputs and initial costs like digging of pond, feed, safety of prawn etc while medicinal plants need medium water usage and there will be buy back from pharma companies.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
Agriculture for Everybody

rennaveen

Hi,
Im intrested in Prawn farming... I have a agriculture (Paddy) land in Kanchipuram, which i want to turn as prawn farm, is that possible to grow the prawns in fresh water as the seay is almost 70 -8- kms away from my place.....could you share me the full details with investment, possibilities and project report... to read and proceed further...drop me a separate email rennaveen@yahoo.co.in.

Regards
Naveen

Dear Sanjay.
You can do both together. For aqua culture you need a pond. When you keep fishes & prawns, you have to replace part of the pond water daily with fresh water. The water you remove from the pond is contaminated with nitrates & nitrites due to fish excreta. This nitrate/nitrite rich water is very good for plants. More over once you have done the pond preparation & stocked the pond with fishes/prawns then there is not much work except feeding & replacing water daily.
For further details send me a private mail.
Sushil