Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Have Questions about Agriculture Fencing ?? ASK US NOW!!

Register

Click Here!

a1fence

If you are planning to get your land secured with Fencing but have doubts in mind then,
you can always ask them to us.

We will try our best to give you optimum solution.

rmathews

butreply in general forum

request pls publish your replay in general forums instead of personal messsage so these advises could be in general reading and references.

In case of solar fencing, does it fool proof for Elephants, and Wild bores?/
how can be prevented properly. ? in heavy rain whether Solar fencing is useful ??

apart from solar fencing whether any more additional protection like trenches or some thing required to prevent wild animals

heard that Elephants invade even in Solar fencing by putting log in to fencing?

pls advise your comments on these issues.

rgds
mathew

a1fence

request pls publish your replay in general forums instead of personal messsage so these advises could be in general reading and references.

how can be prevented properly. ? in heavy rain whether Solar fencing is useful ??

apart from solar fencing whether any more additional protection like trenches or some thing required to prevent wild animals

rgds
mathew
Dear Mathew,

Here are answers to your questions,

Q: In case of solar fencing, does it fool proof for Elephants, and Wild bores?/
how can be prevented properly. ?

Ans: It is not 100% effective as in rare cases, a headstrong animal might come in anyway, however, it is found to be very effective in most cases.
It is ok to seldom have one elephant enter in place of 100’s regularly before installation of solar electric fence.

Q: in heavy rain whether Solar fencing is useful ??
Ans: Yes, no problem with that. Only problem would be lightning, as a direct strike will spoil the device. Hence it is recommended to disconnect the device during heavy storms and rough weather.

Q: apart from solar fencing whether any more additional protection like trenches or some thing required to prevent wild animals
Ans: Kindly check with forest dept. there might be many solutions, electric fence is popular not only because it is effective, but also because it is the most economical solution to deter wild animals.

Q: heard that Elephants invade even in Solar fencing by putting log in to fencing?
Ans: Can you please help by confirming a news clipping or video for the same. All rumors are not true.

Thank You.

a1fence

what ar the tree species that can be grown as live
fencing in agri lands?

Few popular fencing species are,
Agave Plants, Bambusa Arundinacea, dendrocalamus Strictus, Acacia Concinna etc.

Other than live fencing we have Barbed wire fencing, Honeycomb Fencing & Solar Electric Fencing.

Last edited:

unnooni

I am hoping my experience may help others.

I have used electric fencing extensively. I do not know of any other fencing that is more economically viable than electric and any farm fencing that will stop all animals. All fencing has its plus and minuses, but other things being equal electric is by far the best choice. If you would like to hear more about my experiences, you can reach me at greyweulf at gmail dot com

a1fence

dear a1fence,

thanks lot for such a detailed information

rgds
rajan mathew
Dear Rajan,

You are welcome!

Please write us if you have any such other queries.

Thank you for asking such wonderful questions on Solar Electric Fencing.

a1fence

I am hoping my experience may help others.

I have used electric fencing extensively. I do not know of any other fencing that is more economically viable than electric and any farm fencing that will stop all animals. All fencing has its plus and minuses, but other things being equal electric is by far the best choice. If you would like to hear more about my experiences, you can reach me at greyweulf at gmail dot com
Dear Unnooni,

Thanks sharing your experience on Solar Electric Fencing.

Please keep on providing your valuable inputs here.

Thanks.

rmathews

unnooni

dear unnooni,

electric fencing is not permitted by forest laws/officials.

Solar fencing is allowed.

rgds
rajan mathew

harshara

If you are planning to get your land secured with Fencing but have doubts in mind then,
you can always ask them to us.

We will try our best to give you optimum solution.

Dear sir,

I am planning to do fencing for 6.5 acres of my land in chitradurga karnataka please give me the related information and cost of materials.

Harsha R

Last edited by a moderator:

a1fence

Dear sir,

I am planning to do fencing for 6.5 acres of my land in chitradurga karnataka please give me the related information and cost of materials.

Harsha R
Dear Harsha Ji,

We have sent you a message please check.

Thanks.

spharshe

Dear Harsha Ji,

We have sent you a message please check.

Thanks.
I am planning to do fencing for 6.5 acres of my land in Ambad maharashtra please give me the related information and cost of materials.

pl.send cost of voltage control device.

zoorakhan

Please send me the estimated cost of a simple barbed fence that prevents human intrusions and resistant to damage by sickles. Also few questions
1. Do you have a website ?
2. Will your employees set up the fence ?
3. Do you have offices in Delhi ?
4. Can your fences prevent damage by burrowing animals ?
5. Does your electric fence stun small animals into unconsciousness or is it just a small electric shock that discourages them ?
6. What happens if some vegetation grows to touch the electric feences ?

a1fence

Please send me the estimated cost of a simple barbed fence that prevents human intrusions and resistant to damage by sickles. Also few questions
5. Does your electric fence stun small animals into unconsciousness or is it just a small electric shock that discourages them ?
Hello Zoora Ji,

Here are answers to your questions,

Yes, its "a-1fenceproducts", search it in Google.

No. We are manufacturers & Consultants

No, we are based in Mumbai, but we have partners in Delhi.

Yes, depends upon how we put it.

Strong shock for a moment to discourage, no falling unconscious.

Leakage, maintenance is required.

Thanks.

shankar61

Unique method to prevent wild animals

rgds
mathew
Hello Mathew,
I recently stumbled upon an informative article in the Bangalore Mirror (Thank you Times of India group), which might be use to you and other Forum members:

Chilli powder halts charge of the jumbos

Dr Rudra Chowdari, who watched his parents being trampled by an elephant while a boy, has taught plantation owners and farmers a simple technique of keeping pachyderms from destroying crops. All that is needed is gunny bags, engine oil and plenty of chilli powder...............

Dr Rudra has been touring parts of the state for the last couple of months and for hundreds of estate owners across Kodagu, the chilli trick comes as a godsend. While it costs lakhs to erect a solar fence, Dr Rudra reveals the chilli trick costs only Rs 12,000 to Rs 13,000 per km.

“All one needs is a quantity of gunny bags and plenty of chilli powder,” hesaid. “Smear engine oil on the gunny bags and then coat it with a thick layer of chilli powder. Just hang the bags around the perimeter of your field. Elephants, known for their sense of smell, can pick up the odour as far as two kilometres away. They get turned off and don’t venture anywhere close. If this is done constantly, the animals will eventually find another path or remain in the forest.” A coating of grease/engine oil and chilli is effective for 20 days.............

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Shankar