Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Starting dairy farm

Register

Click Here!

bls1ravi

Hi, I am located in Bangalore and I am planning to start a dairy with around 20 cows at my native neraby. Please can anyone give me suggestion on this and also which cows should I go for.

Ashwini

hii
You can go in for HF breed which is an exotic breed and yields more as well.

Selection criteria for selection of cows

Cows

* Good quality cows are available in the market and it cost around Rs.12000 to Rs.15000 per liter of milk production per day. (e.g. Cost of a cow producing 10 liter of Milk per day will be between Rs.12,000 to Rs.15,000).
* If proper care is given, cows breed regularly giving one calf every 13-14 month interval.
* They are more docile and can be handled easily. Good milk yielding cross breeds (Holstein and Jersey crosses) has well adapted to Indian climate.
* The fat percentage of cow's milk varies from 3-5.5% and is lower then Buffaloes.

HAve you visited any of the farms before starting one of your own???I would suggest please visit one so that you can get a clear and practical idea.

Ashwini

pinbul

hii
You can go in for HF breed which is an exotic breed and yields more as well.

Selection criteria for selection of cows

Cows

* Good quality cows are available in the market and it cost around Rs.12000 to Rs.15000 per liter of milk production per day. (e.g. Cost of a cow producing 10 liter of Milk per day will be between Rs.12,000 to Rs.15,000).
* If proper care is given, cows breed regularly giving one calf every 13-14 month interval.
* They are more docile and can be handled easily. Good milk yielding cross breeds (Holstein and Jersey crosses) has well adapted to Indian climate.
* The fat percentage of cow's milk varies from 3-5.5% and is lower then Buffaloes.

HAve you visited any of the farms before starting one of your own???I would suggest please visit one so that you can get a clear and practical idea.

Ashwini
I would like to have a techno economic project report on a dairy unit with a mix of 25 cows / buffaloes cumulatively yielding 250 to 300 lts of milk per day. Source & cost of of superior quality milch animals solicited.

dairyexperts123

Hi, I am located in Bangalore and I am planning to start a dairy with around 20 cows at my native neraby. Please can anyone give me suggestion on this and also which cows should I go for.
Pl. contact Bangalore bet: 7 to 9 Pm. for all the details .

Last edited by a moderator:

moulirada

Bangalore is best suitable place for raising HF Cows but you need to have some land with irregation fecility to grow green fodder that is very much essential for dairy famr.

Also please visit the nearest dairy farms to get an idea.
Contact Haseraghatta Danish dairy people They would be correct people to guide you in all aspects.They are very friendly people.

Mouli

moulirada

Hello Aswini ,
You mentioned we can get cows of milk yeild 10 LTRS/day can get for 15 Thousand .
Please let whee I can get for that much cheap rate I tried in chinamani market none of the animals are not less than 25000 to 30000 with mink yeild 10 LTRS/Day .
Please let me know the places where I can get good breed of HF and Jersy cows with milk yeild 10 LTRS /Day.

parameshwar_h

Dairy farming at Bangalore

Hi Ravi,
It is a good idea to start a dairy farm near Bangalore. I suggest you to go for HF cows with about 4000 litre milk production in a lactation.
1. select good breed of cows
2. constuct propr sheds and other structures
3. if required install milking machine and chaff cutter
4. plan for the fodder production with a mixure of carboydrate and protein based green fodder round the year
5. source the quality raw feed material and prepare the concentrate at your place
6. manage the farm waste and recycle it.
7. take proper bio securty measures
8. I hope marketing is not a problem

I am a dairy consultant, for more information

Parameshwar Hegde
Bengaluru
Please contact..........

dr_vivekpatil

Hi.
Do have a look for a Small Scale Dairy Farm Project Report as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs i.e. you can change the number, milk yield & cost of animals, sale price of milk, bank loan rate, repayment period etc. and observe its impact on profitability in the spreadsheet.
Many other Projects are also being developed for progressive farmers. Do let me know if any changes have to be made in the program.
Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil

prateekvaish

Dear Sir,

Greetings from MODEL DAIRY FARM ! Thanks for expressing interest in our services ! Kindly find the indicative price list as attachment. We believe in not only meeting but also in exeeding customer expectations. All our animals are healthy, vaccinated, genetically superior and of high pedigree and productivity. Also, our farm has been rated as the best breeding farm in the state by the state government and we have a dedicated murrah breeding and resaearch center. Our Prices are competitive and services are unmatched.

Our services include :-
1. Obtaining export permit from the government for legitimate transport of cattle from farm to your place.
2. Arrangement of skilled manpower to accompany the cattle during transit.
3. Pre vaccination of all the selected cattle against FMD and HS.
4. Preparation of Health certificate of all cattle by a competent and authorized person.
5. arrangement of transport.
6. Arrangement of Transit Insurance of Cattle (if desired)

In case of any clarification feel free to call me at 09936286478

Thanx and regards,

Prateek
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com
visit us on web : Model Dairy Farm | dairy cattle, hf cow, jersey cow, sahiwal cow, cross breed cow, murrah buffalo, hf buffalo, hf bull, murrah bull, farm fresh products, cow ghee, paneer, khoa, curd, milk badam, organic basmati rice, cattle feed, farm yard manure, c