Start the Farming...

Register

gajjark

Hello,

I am based in india and want to start farming with some project. Basically i am neither a farmer not owning any agri culture land. What ever land my grandfather was having he sold out about 30 years back.
I am seeking help on below mentioned points...
1) Is it possible to become farmer for me?
2) If yes then please help me to get the route?
3) If no then can i take a land on rent and start farming? Is it advisable?
4) I am planning to start with pomegranate farming? kindly advice

kirti s

Hello sir,
There is no qualification to become a farmer but you need to have land in the form of own, lease or rent basis whatever the way and capital and knowledge on farming the website like agriculture can guide on farming as and when you need information
as far as pomogranite is concern
It loves arid dry climate and soil is ideal but it can come up in all type of soil,
varieties: Kabuli/Bhagva, Ganesh, Mridula and Arakta are some of the best varities
Planting of pomegranate is to be done in light soils i.e. up to 45 cm depth. > Pomegranate planting is to be done at 4.5 x 3.0 m distance (i.e. 740 trees/ hectare) > The daily water requirement of Pomegranate is calculated on the basis of evaporation rate of the particular locality and the irrigation should be given through drip. If the drip irrigation facility is not available, then full grown tree of pomegranate are to be irrigated with flow irrigation at an interval of 8-10 days in summer, 13-14 days in rainy (in the absence of rains) and 17-18 days in winter seasons. > For protection of pomegranate crop against diseases and pests, adopt preventive measures as per recommendations given by the Agriculture Universities. > Soil drenching of 0.1 % carbendazin solution @ 5 liters per tree followed by soil application of 25 g Trichoderma + Pacelomyces + 5 kg FYM mixture per tree 2-3 months after carbendazin drenching. > Soil drenching of 0.1 carbendazim solution @ 10 liter per tree be done into two rows around wilted pomegranate trees and also increase the rate of Trichoderma + Pacelomyces application five times/tree, to avoid wilting of trees. > For growth of trichoderma in the soil, apply the FYM @ 2 kg / tree for every two months. > Soil application of neem cake @ 2 tonnes per hectare at the time of bahar treatment and after three months, apply 40 kg Phorate 10 G in the soil near collar region to control nematodas attack . > Paste application to the trunk of pomegranate plants with Lindane 0.05% or chloropyriphos 0.1% to be done for the control of shot hole borer. Geru @ 400 g/lit. of water be dissolved for overnight. Next day, add to it insecticides Lindane 20 EC 2.5 ml or chloropyriphos 20 EC 5 ml and copper oxychloride 2.5 gm per liter of water, make the slurry by agitation and apply to tree trunk (Swabbing) with the help of cloth made brush. Also drenching to be done with Lindane / chloropyriphos plus c.o.c as per above quantity @ 5 lit. per tree near root zone. > For control of stem borer insect, the insecticide fenvalerate 5ml/lit. or Dichlorvols 10 ml / lit. to be aaplied with the help of injection syringe in the holes of stem and plugged it with the help of mud. [Above information is based on recommendations from National Agriculture Research System. The Effectiveness of the recommendations varies from place to place with changes in natural resource and climate. Farmers are advised to use the information on their own responsibility. hitech shall not be responsible for any consequences

gajjark

that's very useful. Thanks a ton kirti sir.

What is a way to go with leasing or taking land on rent? which kind of legal process will i have to follow?

gajjark

thanks

that's very useful. Thanks a ton kirti sir.

What is a way to go with leasing or taking land on rent? which kind of legal process will i have to follow?