Is it a good time to go in for a 1 MW windmill in Tamilnadu?

Register

pbblj

Hi all,
I am located near Palladam, Coimbatore dist, Tamilnadu. I came to know that the procurement rate of electricity by the board for new windmills has been increased to Rs. 3.39 From April 2009 and TNEB has also announced that the wind mill generation can be now adjusted for Low tension installations also. I have a number of questions pertainingto the wind mill project. I would be very grateful if any member can resolve any or all of my queries:
1) Is it advisable to go in for a single 1.2 MW windmill or two 600 KW units?
2) What is the capacity utilisation that I can expect in this area ( Combination of grid availability, Wind availability & Machine availability)
3) How much will be the recurring expenses for AMC, Insurance, Security, wheeling charges etc? Any other expenses that I should be aware of?
4) Between the suppliers (Nec Micon, Suzlon, Vestas, RRB & Enercon) who are the most reliable & trouble free machine suppliers?
5) What is the procedure for availing Carbon credits? Are there any agents in Coimbatore who are able to do this?
6) Is there any bank which is able to finance up to 90% of the project cost?
7) Is there any place I can get a comprehensive project report with financials for windmill?

I know there are a number of questions here but I would be very grateful for any replies.

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"

ecofriendly

Ecofriendly

Electricity usage requirements, distance electricity will be transported, opportunity to feed excess electricity generated back into the local grid and your future requirements for expansion would guide us to answer the questions correctly. To correspond, contact

Last edited by a moderator:

Buy the book "Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Interviews"