Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Which is the Best PVC pipes for irrigation.

Register

Click Here!

vamsiblr

Hi,
I am planning for PVC pipe based irrigation system for my land, pls suggest me the best pipes to be used and things to take care while laying the pipes. I have been told that some pipes will blow off coz of water pressure. Let me know how do I select the best PVC pipe. We have a 3 HP submergible pump.
The Land is in TN.

Ashwini

HI

Initially check the water pressure and then consult a agronomist to visit your farm and then he will guide you accordingly.

Regards
Ashwini

vkv_2

Hi,
I am planning for PVC pipe based irrigation system for my land, pls suggest me the best pipes to be used and things to take care while laying the pipes. I have been told that some pipes will blow off coz of water pressure. Let me know how do I select the best PVC pipe. We have a 3 HP submergible pump.
The Land is in TN.
Hi,

Since you said that you are from Tamil Nadu, The main PVC pipes that are of standard is FlowTech, Finolex, AvonPlast, Jain , Supreme .

It is beat that you go in for a reputed company in your region with ISI graded pipes.

Pvc is not suitable if you plan on to expose the pipes to sunlight as the pipes become brittle after sometime. Go in for HDPE or LDPE which can be exposed to the elements.

PVC Pipes come in various pressure related thickness. Most of the time PVC pipes blow up due to the air pressure inside the pipes and not due to water pressure.

Moreover you have specified that you have a 3Hh Sub which you will be using to irrigate through Drip. Be very careful to design your irrigation system in such a way that you can maintain water pressure of the drip irrigation system, taking into account the discharge of your pump like LpH.

unayak

Use phinolex or Prince pipes if the pressure is below 3 kg.

Hi,
The Land is in TN.
If Pressure is high u can throttle by providing by pass line to main line /tank