Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What can be done with 2 acres of land

Register

Click Here!

okarythu

Hi All,
I am a newbie from Hyderabad. I have 2 acres of land about 20 kms from here and I have been trying to do something with it for the past few years. Many people I spoke with have said that it cannot be a profitable business growing anything in such a small piece of land. Is this true.
Can the experts comment on this.

Thanks

Ashwini

Hi

Yes profitability immediately is tough. Go in for integrated farming or mushroom cultivation.

Regards
Ashwini

dr_vivekpatil

Try out http://sites.google.com/site/viveklpm/ for Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs

Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

kaligounder

two acre land

I UNDERSTAND YOUR INTEREST IN AGRICULTURE.
Your land is just 20km from a big city.
If you choose cultivating vegitables two acre is more than enough.
Try to do organic farming, a good market in future.
You can email if any guidance.
I am also doing agriculture ( Zero budget farming)

Kaligounder

Last edited by a moderator:

avinash borekar

Hi All,
I am a newbie from Hyderabad. I have 2 acres of land about 20 kms from here and I have been trying to do something with it for the past few years. Many people I spoke with have said that it cannot be a profitable business growing anything in such a small piece of land. Is this true.
Can the experts comment on this.

Thanks
divide ur land in 4 parts grow fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses respectively in these 4 parts. this will fulfill your families food requirement,because buying food items are becoming costlier day by day. grow some flowering plants and trees, make your farm beautiful, built small home at ur land, which u can use for yourself and also u can earn something by giving it for weekend and holidays purpose for the peoples. if you gets good income by this weekend home you can think for one more weekend house.

ponics

Aquaponics - The way to go

Hi!

In aquaponics vegetables grows 2 time faster and you can plant 3 to 4 times closer.

It means that 1 square meter of aquaponics is the equivalent of 7 to 8 square meters of land.

You can grow nearly anything (except a few vegetables) with:

no chemicals
no pesticides
100% organics

It used very very little electricity.

You can contact me privatively if you would like to get more information.

Roger Pilon

prabhanjanbb

I think sericulture will give you regular monthly income of around Rs.30000/- per month in 2 acres and Andhra is a one of leading state in Sericulture.