Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Wanted Green house builders.

Register

Click Here!

hariagro

Dear all,

We need to set-up green house for cultivation of organic vegetables. Interested people contact me.

Thanks

alfaslm

Green house construction

Dear sir,

will provide you support in green house construction and cultivation technology
i've sent you an email to your mail ID pls refer

Last edited by a moderator:

captmdilip

this is the latest photos from the farm taken in feb 2012

Thanks for your enquiry i am enclosing here with some farm pictures. i have also added some new photos. and also, i am replanting 1700 sqm starting saturday with carnations...30000 plants and limonium 2000 plants. (replanting has been done now and all three sheds are full...2000 sqm with 48000 carnations and 500 sqm with 20000 limonium plants) this has since been done.

to give you an idea, vis a vis any estate....a typical coffee estate has about 1800 plants in one acre, and those are annual yields. whereas in this project we have close to 60000 plants in aan area of 2500 sqm and they are fast growing, there is work round the year. and scope for vast improvements both poly house wise and also in outside cultivation. recently i have recd. 25000 saplings of rose mary which i intend to plant all across the vacant areas, in a phased manner. this is to keep the grass away and also yield some medicinal crops.
this project had been close to my heart and right from purchase of land due diligence has been shown for setting up a floricultre unit. the weather in that area is ideal...13 to 24 degrees round the year. the peak may temp being 24 degrees last year. protected water supply
- Hide quoted text -
is our very own as there is no down stream farmers to share the water with.
market unlimited at mumbai and a very good dealer. payment very prompt and timely.
- Hide quoted text -

kindly follow this link

i have added the latest replanted pictures also.

and also the reason for selling is that my full family is migrating abroad soon and closing everything here in india.

DETAILS ABOUT THE FARM

1. land is situated at kukkal , gundupatti village 30 kms from kodai lake. towards west.
100% motorable road and bus service is available upto the farm.( infact the farm itself is a bustand)

2. extent; about 3.00 acres adjacent to reserve forest. mine is the last patta land before forest starts.

3. fenced on all four sides.barbed wire on 2 sides and chain link on forest side.
4. the land is road facing on east and south sides, western side is reserve forest and fourth side(north) is neighbouring patta land
5. all titles clear.
6. four tires have been made. one tire for general use and 3 tiers for building poly houses and i am in the process of making one more tire for another 1000 sqm of poly house.

7. open cultivation of vegetables is on. presetnly got sweet corn, carrots, beetroot, knool kol, kothamalli, beans, tomatoes etc which i sell in kodai.

8. water at ground level. can been seen in the photo enclosed, and water is mineral water quality. we get plentiful water round the year
9. store room and building ( to be completed)
10. three diesal engines for pumping water
11. presently growing carnations and eustoma, bird of paradise, delphiniums, calla lillies, godetia, statice and have about 5 kgs of saffron on trial basis. also have about 500 plants of crepe myrtle planted which leaves can be sold as foliage. in addition we have open cultivation of cabbages, brocolli, cabbage savoy, fennel, leek , baby corn, mysore mirch, beans etc anything grows there and grows big.
a) prices:
carnations : rs. 4.50 annual average price
bird of paradise: rs 25.00 each flower
eustoma: rs. 20.00 each flower/stem.
delphniums : rs. 20 to 25 each flower
calla lily: rs. 15 to 25 each flower
statis : rs. 10 per bunch.
i even sell the bird of paradise leaves.

12. 100 % flower production being sold at mumbai. and the average price is around 4.25 per flower on an annual basis and also the money is recieved in time and properly.

13. 10 ft dia well is also there.picture enclosed

14. total 2500 sq. metre of poly houses in three sheds. having about 45000 plants carnations and 8000 plants of eustoma. all other flower plants are in the open. i am trying to add lilliums (10000 plants price per flower will be not less than rs. 25 each and gladiolus price rs. 3.00 a stem also this season).
15. right now there is 800 sqm of carnations, 500 sqm of green peas ( this is intercropping before i replant eustoma,s in the shed and 1200 sqm is ready and waiting to be planted in mid jan.

i have enclosed some pics/videos of the farm for your reference

any questions please shoot.
regards

Last edited by a moderator: