Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

want to visit a agriculture farm

Register

Click Here!

gitanjali2565

We are planning to grow vegetables and mushrooms in north Bihar in large scale. For that purpose we want to visit any big vegetables and mushroom farm. Can anybody help us for that?????
Thanks in advance.

Ashwini

Hi
At present 3 mushrooms are being cultivated in India. These are : the white mushroom (Agaricus bisporus), the paddy-straw mushroom (Volvariella vovvacea) and the oyster mushroom (Pleurotus sajor-caju). Of these, A. bisporus is the most popular and economically sound to grow and is extensively cultivated throughout the world. However, due to its low temperature requirement, its cultivation is restricted to the cool climatic areas and to the winter in the plains of Northen India. In summer, the tropical paddy-straw mushroom is suitable for growing in most parts of India. Even then it is less attractive commercially owing to very low yield per unit weight of the substrate and an extremely short shelf-life. But, as a kitchen-garden crop it is preferred because it is very delicious and nutritous.
Oyster mushroom can grow at moderate temperature ranging from 220 to 280C. therefore, it is suitable for most of the places of India. It is a familiar item in the menu of most hotels in Bangalore where it is being grown commercially.
In north India, the climate conditions prevailing during different seasons can be exploited for growing mushroom throughout the year. To this a year-wise production schedule is suggested :
Mid-November to Mid-March : Agaricus bisporus
February to Mid-April : Pleurotus sajor-caju
Mid-June to Mid-September : Volvariella volvacea
September to November : Pleurotus sajor-caju

For spawn you can contact the agriculture department.

Regards
Ashwini

neelshah

You are welcome to visit my farm near Mumbai, we grow 1000 kgs per day of white button mushrooms (Agaricus Bisporus). You'll have to send me your details though as i'm not a paid member.