Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Village Retirement

Register

Click Here!

kamal_61

Friends. I'm aged 51, born and brought up in urban setting. Time to plan a Retirement Home, and I'd like to settle in a Village in Tamilnadu surrounded by farms, closer to Chennai, with a minimum comfort an old age couple needed. I'm able bodied (except a recent multiple fracture in my right knee, which will mend completely in 3 months) and can do manual work like Gardening. Think I can partly manage the cost-of-living with my savings. Is there any communities or Agricultural Township suitable and/or can someone guide me towards one please.

Thankyou
Kamalakannan

kirti s

Hello sir

Its good that ur planning ur retirement plan right now.There is no tension of cultivation when u have land. u can do a small kitchen garden in a small part and manage it urself.

U can also grow flower crops so that u will get flowers for all occasions at home itself like marigold, jasmine, rose.

If possible keep a helper and then u can manage a cow or poultry also.

gprao

retirement stay

Dear sir. pl see your budget and basing on that purchase land of 1 or 2 acres. go to that distance where 2 acres land can be purchased with your budget..keep a bore well and get electrical connection. you can grow drum sticks , rose flowers , organically grow vegetables , and your income starts in 3 or 4 months and you can lead your family life with your members comfortably. any details about farming you can get with the agriculture/horticulture department, or you can put a question to all of us we will clarify. all the best to you and wish you a successful retired life( there is no retirement in agriculture life). gprao,farmer.