Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Viability of stevia & pkm 1 moringa

Register

Click Here!

ikp68

STEVIA & PKM 1 MORINGA

I have come across a consultant that has been promoting stevia & PKM 1 Moringa cultivation.

On Stevia their claim has been 4000 Kgs of dried stevia leaves yield per acre per year with a buyback of Rs 100 per kg, with a profitability of around Rs 2.5 lakh per acre per year. I would like to know if it is possible to get a yield of 4000 kgs of dried leaves per acre per year, if Rs 100 / Kg a good / genuine rate, and a profit of Rs 2.5 Lakh per acre a genuine / viable profit per acre per acre for Stevia Cultivation

Regarding PKM 1 Moringa, the consultant has promised a yield of 50 Tonnes of PKM 1 Moringa per year per acre, without any buy back arrangements. The consultant has mentioned that the average price of Moringa is Rs 20 per Kg and it is easy to sell Moringa given the huge demand

I would like views from experts from the forum if the above claims regarding yield, income & profitability on Stevia & PKM 1 Moringa are genuine. I shall appreciate hearing back from experts on the same

Regards

VISHY
CHENNAI

taip

Stevia Dried Leaves

Hi..Vishy

I cannot comment on what the Consultant has stated about the
viability of Stevia harvest per acre, as I am also clueless about this
topic, therefore I would like to hear from you if you receive any
corrections or findings reported by any readers knowledgeable
enough to confirm the consultant's claim.

As mentioned by you 4000 kg of Dried leaves per acre, works out
to about 8000 Kilos or more of fresh green leaves per acres you will
have to pick..

Rgds
Naheer

tony1234

I am not sure about the PKM moringa variety, but I am in the process of planting saplings of the ROHIT-1 variety. I do believe that the figures for both Stevia as well as the Moringa are grossly over-inflated. If you go by the calculation that you plant 600 Moringa plants per acre(12'X6' spacing), and that you get about 200 drumsticks per plant per year of about 80 gms each=16 KG, that works out to 9.5 tonnes per acre. I am unaware about the stevia, but the calculations seem too good to be true. I may be wrong, but the figures don't seem right to me