Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Trying to Save Ongole/Nellore Cow and Bull breeds

Register

Click Here!

jagr2i

Wanted Ongole/Nellore Cow and Bull breeds

Hi,

I have about 10 acres of land. As Ongole/Nellore breeds r dying. For sake of pride and keep breed alive. I want to buy to REAL Ongole/Nellore breed of female and males. Leave them alone in 10 acres.

Please let me know if anyone has REAL breeds.

Thanks
Jag

Last edited:

fonjude

cow and bull

hello sir
we wish to inform you that we are breeders based in Cameroon we can supply you with some breed to keep with you so get back to us as soon as possible we will awaiting your soonest reply.

surenpnr

Its popular worldwide as 'Nelore'

Hi,
Nellore/Ongole breed is already popular and its one of the major breeds across Barizil and latin american countries and parts of USA too.(Its being referred as 'Nelore')

You can source it easily from weekend cattle markets in Nellore district or anywhere in south coastal Andhra Pradesh. (Example: on Saturdays, at Penna river bridge north end in Nellore city).

But, please note that raising desi cow breeds alone in dairy farms are not commercially viable in India. you income cannot meet expenses.

The reason its grown rapidly in foreign countries is because they are raising it for meat. not for milk.ole

but, majesty and build of Nelore/Ongole breed are awesome, it deserves a place in your dairy farm, if its your hobby/passion.

warsiss

Dear Mr. Jag,

Hats off to your noble idea to save indigenous breed of Zebu cattle. The breed you have chosen is a draught variety and not an dairy one. As 10 acres of land is quite a piece of land you can divide that land in few sections and still generate resources for your family. Mr. Suren has already given the details from where you can procure them. Start with 25-30 females and two bulls (Nandis). try to replace the bulls within 2-3 years. If more funds are your disposal then you can double the numbers.1-2 acres of land for their movement and sheds will be more than enough and the 8-9 acres please follow ZERO BUDGET NATURAL FARMING that is promoted/advocated by Mr. Subhash Palekar You will always be in profit.

In Uttar Pradesh a gentleman named Mr. Suman is also trying to do the same with the Sahiwal breed. The above ideas are just experiences of Mr. Suman that I learnt when I visited him. You can also get in touch with him.

Keep up the good work - when intentions are noble, success just follows it.

Regards
Warsi

Last edited by a moderator:

pk4441

plz contact

Dear sir

There are so many bussiness men who r right now doing the same thing saving the breeds.if you want any assistance regarding to buy the breeds of pure ongole calfs and cows. I will give the contact no of the person who is in farming industry more than 20 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

raj12345

hi,

I have four heifers for sale

1 male with age 1 year

3 females with age 3 years, 2.5 years and 1.5 years.

One or any combination will be available for sale. Its in visakhapatnam district

regards,
rajsekhar