Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Tilapia Fish farm

Register

Click Here!

baroom

Hi Every body
i want to start a tilapia fish farm i have a land of 900 sq yd.
i want to ask some o the question from experts please reply
can i grow tilapia on 900 sq yd. of land.
can tilapia grow in underground water.
in how many months tilapia will grow to a size of selling.
where should i sell the bulk qty fish
is any exportr from india who can export the fish out side of india
is tilapia fish farming is a profitable business. please reply as iam in hyderabad

Ashwini

hi

Tilapia, a fish native to the fish waters of Africa and the Jordan Valley in Asia Minor, seemed a few years ago to be destined for a major role in a 20th-century enactment of the miracle of the loaves and fishes.The Tilapia easily qualifies for pond culture in terms of the first criterion of this branch of animal husbandry, which is, the weight of fish that can be grown per unit of pond surface. Sometimes called the maximum standing crop. The crop can be made several times larger by fertilizing the water: the addition of fertilizer to fishponds cause a threefold increase in primary plant production which in the water as on the land is the basis of flesh production.
The four species of tilapia most commonly grown as food fish in aquacultures are Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus), Blue tilapia (Oreochromis aureus ) and Mozambique Tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus). Today, hybrids of these species – sometimes with genetic material from other species as well – are popular as well.

For further detials write to the college of fisheries,, MAngalore

Regards
Ashwini