Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

teak plantaion

Register

Click Here!

thirunavu

hi,

We bought 5 acers of land in panruti (Tamil nadu). we planned to plant the teak trees. we need to know which type of teack plants to be lay in ht land. give the steps distance between the 2 plants & maintanence.

Regards
Thirunavukkarasu:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kirti s

teak plantations

Dear sir,
Initial spacing of teak plantation varies (1.8×1.8 to 4×4 m) depending on many factors as site quality, cost of establishment, thinning regime, small wood utilization, planting system, e.g. agro-forestry, intercropping etc. However, site quality seems to be the priority factor directing the size of spacing in the teak planting programme. Results of 12-year-old spacing trials (2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 6×6 m) Based on this study, a 3×3 m spacing (1,111 trees/ha) has been recommended and used as the routine spacing in Thailand. However, in areas where wider spacing is required for the application of agro-forestry systems or machine weeding, the 4×2 m spacing (1,250 trees/ha) is used. Similar results of spacing trials are reported from India where close spacing of 1.8×1.8m and wider spacing of 3.6×3.6 m are suitable for dry and good (rainfall <1,500 mm) site conditions respectively.

Regards

Kirti s

vv_vyas2004

inquiry

hi,
I am vinod vyas from baroda,Gujarat. I have 2 acre land in cambay i want to plant teak trees in the same. but the problem is that water available in the farm is consist of Higt TdS around 2000. so is it possibe to grow teak trees? pls send your views

Last edited by a moderator:

vijay23

hi,

We bought 5 acers of land in panruti (Tamil nadu). we planned to plant the teak trees. we need to know which type of teack plants to be lay in ht land. give the steps distance between the 2 plants & maintanence.

Regards
Thirunavukkarasu:rolleyes:
About teak plantation, we undertake turnkey project to establish a farm contact.

Last edited by a moderator: