Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

sheep or goat form which is beast

Register

Click Here!

kscbreddy

i am having 38 acres of dry land, i can invest around 5 lacks, please suggest me of goat and sheep farming which one is beast to go for, which is less prone for diseases, and whether i require any veterinarian to maintain them. what will be returns from it. what type of breeds should i select. my land is near ongole, Andhra pradesh

Ashwini

Hi

YOu can go in for goat farming.
prospects of goat farming in India is good because
Daily requirement of meat is 35 to 40 gm per head but today it is only 4-5 gms.
The rate of meat is increasing day by day and demand has not completed yet so it is good to do goat farming.
Goat meat has no any religious taboo.
Detailed information required training-
1) please send to us the type of which climate is in your area, Humid, or dry or arid. Rain fall, max temp, min temp, season wise so that we can recommended you a particular breed suitable to your area
2) presently for economic viability of medium goat farm breed with 60-70 % twining capacity,
Birth weight - 2 - 2.5 kg
weight at 6 month - 18 -20 kg
such type of meat breed is available in Maharashtra is Osmanabadi. but is good for type of climate, arid, semiarid,
3) Australian Boar is good for every type of climate and good for stall fed condition.
when you plan to do goat farming as a business you would need to have proper training on that as it is not possible to give the entire information on such forum. you may participate in trainings at Agricultural universities or any reliable NGO which has its own goat farm. You may also approach near by KVK for such training.
There aftre we would suggest you to visit some of the good goat farms around your place.

KVK baramati do give a 3 day training on goat farming. during which we also give an exposure visit to near by goat farms run on commercial basis. you may register your name for next training.
There are other institutes that offer training in this field such as Rural agri. institute at narayangaon or
Nimbkar agri res institute at Phaltan gives traning on Artificial insemination in goats.
Better to contact for Training on following address.
- Training organiser
KVK, P.O.Box No -24
P.O. Zaheerabad, medak- 502220
94400220038/08648-247359

Regards
Ashwini

agrireturns

Goat farm

1. Goat farming Very profitable business
2. Need 2.5 acres for 100 goats
3. NABARD giving 25 Lakhs loan for 500 Goats
4. 25% subsidy up to 6.2 Lakhs (33.33% subsidy for SC/ST)
5. We will undertake training, project work, Loan assistance etc.

contact

Last edited by a moderator:

smy82482

Goat Farm VS Sheep Farm

Goat farm is 10 times more profitable than sheep farm.

1.Sheep gives birth to 1 kid in a year whereas goat 2-8 kids in a year(in goats Kidding depends on type of breed that you select to breed).
2.Maturity period of sheep is of 390 days whereas goat matures in 300 days.
Goats are highly resistant against diseases as compare to sheep.So mortality of goats is less as compare to sheeps.

4.Goat meat has very high demand as compare to sheep meat.
So,Marketing of goats is very easy as compare to sheep's.

4.Goats requires less fodder as compare to sheeps.

The only plus point with sheeps is that,they produces wool 2-3 times in a year.But just considering the wool profit u cant go with sheeps,just think of above points regarding goats.
In the end the profit obtain by selling goats is much higher than that obtain by selling wool and sheeps.

With regards,

Dr.Shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in