Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Save Agriculture - Save Farmers

Register

Click Here!

achievemore

I am at my 65 - From my 10 years, I have been watching agriculture - No farmer made enough income from farming - Actually before 30 years, irrigation was not that bad - Farmers had some irrigation and they could do some reasonable farming - But even at that time, farmers could not fight their poverty - Now, irrigation is a big problem everywhere in the country - people are struggling for even drinking water - Imagine the state of agriculture

When were a school student, my teachers used to explain the state of agriculture by saying: Farmers born in DEBT, Live in DEBT and die in DEBT - This scenario has not changed yet - Also there was a saying in villages that: If farmers account the farm expenses and equate it to the farm income, nothing will be left - This condition has not changed yet - Farmers are worse than the last cadre of employees in any organization - Farmers consitute 60% of the national population - Then why they are in poverty? Why agriculture is deteriorating year by year?

I just narrated what I have been seeing in my life time - But for many decades, this was the situation in India - If you ask anyone in the country, he or she would say, agriculture is the backbone of the country and farmers are to be supported - This will be the quote from all sections of the population - Then why this tragedy?

Farmers are simply kept as slaves for the rest of the population - Farmers can't decide the price for their produce - The price farmers get is 5 times lower than the customer price - Who is looting 80%? Middle men only - why the government and social groups don't take any action?

All goods prices are increasing every 3 months - Wht price of Agri products are kept in fluctuation? When the produce is in the farmers hand price dips - Once the produce reached traders, price goes up - For 3-4 months efforts, farmers don't get anything - But for just one transaction, traders get minimum 300% profit - How it is allowed for decades?

My conclusion is ...

As long as farmers remain as producers and looking for buyers, this sirsituatmay not change - Yes, farmers must become ENTREPRENEURS and LEADERS to manage their farms as it's CEOs - They should not sell their produce, but make value added products and supply to customers directly or through their fixed dealers - Then only farmers can have a quality of life in India

I am willing to help farmers to fight their poverty - improve their leadership - Train them to learn the MARKETING - Make them as ENTREPRENEURS - I have a DREAM in this regard - I may live for another 10-15 years - within my life time I want to find a model to rescue farmers - I welcome all experts having a social mind to join me - I am willing to share my proposal with all serious farmers /entrepreneurs

Prof.V.G.Krishnamurthy
achievemore@gmail.com
www.ksiclub.net
Chennai