Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Rose bare root plants required.

Register

Click Here!

rose_farmer

Hey, I require 2 varieties of Roses, 1. Damask type plant which can exist in semi arid area's such as Pushkar and Jodhpur in Rajasthan and have a yield of atleast 10-15 Kgs of rose petals per bush per season on average.

2. I require Maharani rose types that can be cultivated at an altitude of 300 - 700 meters above sea level. Again I would require a High yielding variety that can manage 15 kgs + of rose petal yield per bush per season.

I do not mind importing the rose bare roots, i wouls require 50,000 plants of each type.

Also kindly let me know if you specialize in consultation relating soil grade and feasability of rose cultivation in such areas.

Ashwini

hii
You can contact the department of horticulture in your state for a practical knowledge of cultivating roses. They would help you with technical expertise.

Ashwini

aromedindia

Essential oil yielding rose

There are 10,000 rose plants in one hectare. The plant attains full yield potential after three yrs of planting. I dont know your expeience in rose cultivation but so far Sientist in the world have not developed any rose which can yield one kg per bush what to talk of 15 kg. As a thumb rule a good crop of Damask rose can yield equal to wheat grain and that can be maximum 6000kg/ha. Since there are 10,000 bushes in one ha, the maximum yield one can achieve is 600g per plant. Rani Sahiba developed by CIMAP, Lucknow, is like one cultivated in Pushkar, Kannauj and Ballia in UP. Since it flower several time in a year its yield is higher. But at the same time its flower rates are 1/4th of that of Damask rose. The variety developed by CIMAP, Lucknow is known as Noorjahan. Oil content in Rani sahiba(0.10-0.115%) is much less than Noor Jahan (0.40%).
This is not proper time to procure bare root plants. Planting can be tried after rains.However, best time would be from September to Feb.
Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com
9451504200/9424633501