Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

rabbit farming

Register

Click Here!

Ashwini

Hi

Rabbit farming

Why Rabbit Farming?

•With available small investment and in a small place rabbit farming gives more income
•Rabbits eat ordinary feed and convert them into a protein rich high quality meat
•Apart from meat production they can also be reared for hide and fur

Advantages of Rabbit Farming

•By rabbit rearing one can produce a quality protein rich meat for his own family
•Rabbits can be fed with easily available leaves, waste vegetables, grains available in the home
•Growth rate in broiler rabbits is very high. They attain 2 kgs at the age of three months
•Litter size (Number of young ones born/ kindling) in rabbits is high (around 8-12)
•When compared to the other meats rabbit meat contain high protein (21%) and less fat (8%). So this meat is suitable for all age groups from adults to children

Methods of rearing rabbits

Rabbits can be reared at the backyard with in a small shed which can be constructed with a small investment. To protect rabbits from the climatic conditions such as in hot summer, rain and to protect them from dogs, cats construction of shed is necessary.

Rabbits can be reared in two system of housing
Deep litter system

Cage system

REgards
Ashwini

what is the Minimum Soil Depth Required for Tree Planting

hello Aishwini, what is the Minimum Soil Depth Required for Tree Planting

Last edited by a moderator:

ashfaqanu

Hi,

Thank u so much for your information, regarding why rabbit farming... right now iam doing job in gulf i want to setle in india and iam very much interested in agriculture, farmimg but i dont have land to do agriculture atleast for income purpose i want to start rabbit farming.

seeking for more information and advise,

Thanks and regards
ashfaq

ajithparthy

Hi All,

I am having a small rabbit farm in chennai... Interested pupil can email me and will give advice about rearing rabbits...

Last edited by a moderator:

suri1

rabbit farming means only for meat

Hi All,

I am having a small rabbit farm in chennai... Interested pupil can email me and will give advice about rearing rabbits...

Dear friend i would like to know the details for rabbit farming like rabbit farming suitable in hyderabad andhra pradesh according to the atmosphere? i come to know it is suitable in hilly or cold areas, for the sake of meat only we have to opt business like rabbit farming let me know i am intrested for rabbit farming i have 2 queries 1) hyderabad is the right place for rabbit farming? 2) what are the benefits with rabbit farming only meat or anything else let me know plz......

suri1

plz help me

Hi

Rabbit farming

Why Rabbit Farming?

•With available small investment and in a small place rabbit farming gives more income
•Rabbits eat ordinary feed and convert them into a protein rich high quality meat
•Apart from meat production they can also be reared for hide and fur

Advantages of Rabbit Farming

•By rabbit rearing one can produce a quality protein rich meat for his own family
•Rabbits can be fed with easily available leaves, waste vegetables, grains available in the home
•Growth rate in broiler rabbits is very high. They attain 2 kgs at the age of three months
•Litter size (Number of young ones born/ kindling) in rabbits is high (around 8-12)
•When compared to the other meats rabbit meat contain high protein (21%) and less fat (8%). So this meat is suitable for all age groups from adults to children

Methods of rearing rabbits

Rabbits can be reared at the backyard with in a small shed which can be constructed with a small investment. To protect rabbits from the climatic conditions such as in hot summer, rain and to protect them from dogs, cats construction of shed is necessary.

Rabbits can be reared in two system of housing
Deep litter system

Cage system

REgards
Ashwini

Dear friend i would like to know the details for rabbit farming like rabbit farming suitable in hyderabad andhra pradesh according to the atmosphere? i come to know it is suitable in hilly or cold areas, for the sake of meat only we have to opt business like rabbit farming let me know i am intrested for rabbit farming i have 2 queries 1) hyderabad is the right place for rabbit farming? 2) what are the benefits with rabbit farming only meat or anything else let me know plz......

khanr04

Hi can someone let me know from where can I pick rabbits for rearing & who will buy it back from me.
I am planning to start in this week at chikmagalur in karnataka
reach me in khanr04@gmail.com

adilkhan001

i was interested in this business but because of lack of knowledge in this field i moved to goat farming, i did some research on it and came to know that rabbit farming is very profitable because of its red meat which is recommended by doctors to patients. With this keep in mind one can easily avail high profit because it is hard to get rabbit farm in any area.

Also, according to expert-market.com/rabbit-farming-business-plan , it is written that one rabbit can give upto 50 kids in one year, if this is the number then this business is highly profitable.

Please clarify on this point that one rabbit can give birth to 50 baby rabbit in one year. I know that a rabbit’s gestation period (from when the babies are formed in the womb until birth) is 31 days.

Thanks,
Adil Khan
Jharkhand, India

delphi

Hi All,

Dear Sir,

I am situated in Chennai only. please advise and if needed will visit your Rabbit Farm

Regards
Raghu