Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Rabbit Farming.

Register

Click Here!

faizyc6

Hello,
I desire to start up a Rabbit farm at Nagpur under contract farming. If any has a few Information regarding this subject or company to offer can please reply over.
Thank You.

Ashwini

Hi

Key features of Rabbit farming..
KEY FEATURES

1. Rabbits have small body size leading to efficient space utilization

2. Rabbit Farming requires less space and it can be done as commercial or as backyard farming.

3. Limited competition with human food in contrast to Poultry.

4. Early sexual maturity: 6 months in Does and 12 months in bucks

5. Prolific breeders: High fecundity rates – 6 to 8 pups in short gestation period.

6. Year the around breeding in ideal management conditions.

7. Rabbits can easily thrive on the greens (Lucerne , Maize, Guinea grass, Napier) grown for other livestock and market surplus vegetables (leafy vegetables, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber) and with efficient Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR).

8. Can be successfully done as agro-allied farming (No requirement of skilled labor).

9. The nursing period for the pups is 20-25 days. But the Doe can be mated to a Buck after 15-20 of delivery. It means a female can deliver babies every 45 days highlighting fast reproduction. Rabbits will produce 6 pounds of meat on the same feed and water as a cow will produce 1 pound of meat on the same feed and water.

10. Within 3 months a baby Rabbit gain market weight of 2 kgs to 2.5 kgs.

11. Rabbit meat is defined to be the most nutritious meat known to man. It is white meat and it has been found to provide good health and prevent excess fat, heart diseases, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetics and cancer among those who eat it.

Contact the following person for details on marketing

Mr.Shashikant malharrao Taware
Rabbit Rearing unit
Malegaon Br.,Tal- Baramati,
Dist-Pune
Contact-02112-254367/09423584235

Also contact at following address for further details:-
Head,
DEPARTMENT OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
KNP College of Veterinary Science, Shirval,
Phone No : 02169-244243
Email : lpm.shirval@mafsu.in
REgards
Ashwini S

rosehorti

Rabbit farming

Hello,
I desire to start up a Rabbit farm at Nagpur under contract farming. If any has a few Information regarding this subject or company to offer can please reply over.
Thank You.
Dear sir
I am Raman from Mumbai , I have written thesis on economics and employment from rabbit farming also my two papers are published in international journal of tropical agriculture , my book on Rabbit farming is published by lap publication in Germany. please call me on 9867347119 for further information