Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Rabbit Farm

Register

Click Here!

rythu

Hi,

I am interested to start Rabbit farm. Can anyone throw light on this project? Interested to know about the demand and supply, project cost including expenses and revenue along with associated risk factors.

Thanks,
Krishna

Last edited by a moderator:

ramalmar

All I know is there is no ready market for Rabbit meat and the speed of reproduction of rabbits are quite fast. Please create a market first and then start the farm.

Ram

raman119

Rabbit Farming

I have done my research on economic of rabbit farming in rural maharashtra
According to me this is a very good paying business , provided you take it as profession and as far as market , i fully agree with the comments received ( there is no ready market for meat & you have to develop your own ) but you need not spend time in finding market in advance as it takes at least 1 year to get good return so side by side you can start farm and develop market .

avanishp

I have done my research on economic of rabbit farming in rural maharashtra
According to me this is a very good paying business , provided you take it as profession and as far as market , i fully agree with the comments received ( there is no ready market for meat & you have to develop your own ) but you need not spend time in finding market in advance as it takes at least 1 year to get good return so side by side you can start farm and develop market .
Dear Krishna,

I fully agree on Mr.Raman's words. He is absolutely right. Even We 3 friends left our jobs to start rabbit farm, which we are doing presently. As Raman said we are yet to get our big returns. But as far demand is concerned , there is huge demand for rabbit meat and breedings. For any other enquiries you can visit our farm at Hessaraghatta, Bangalore. We will be happy to share our experiences. You can also contact us
Regards,
Harish

Last edited by a moderator: