Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Profit making Sheep(Ram) Farming

Register

Click Here!

mvsriocl

Hello everybody

I am interested to start only male sheep (Ram)Faming of 400 nos.

can anybody help me by telling the following

1)what is the land requirement for fooder cultivation & what type of fooder.

2)do these ram can be grown in a confined location like dairy farm.

3)what would be the price of small ram of 3-4 months old.

Where from I can get these rams for Badvel, Kadapa, ANdhra Pradesh area.

Thanks & regards

MV SubbaReddy

kirti s

Sheep farming

These sheeps develop well when they are allowed to walk and graze it is help full in maintaining good health, so can allow for graze outside and bring back to yr farm.

price varies from place to place so visit nearest veternary department/ KVK or agriculture college for further details

Regards

Kirti naik

mvsriocl

My question is that: What fodder should I grow for Sheep; please name some of the fodder types;
like dairy farm, for how many sheeps we can feed one acre fodder

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy

mrfarm

you can grow senkurus its called kolukattai pul in Tamil, green grass, co3 or co4, agathi, glaricedia, lucerne and concentrate is must for fattening, that is mixer of maize, wheat bran/rice bran, and any oil cake of groundnut or sunflower or sesame, plus mineral supplement like lick blocks.

asadrazvi2000

Sheep

Dear Sir,
Hybrid Napier RBN 13 or BAIF 11 is better than Co3 and C04 as it contains less amount of oxalate no spines on it. this you can have from Maharashtra KVK.
Co3 and C04 can effect reproductive system of Sheep / Goats due to prsence of oxalate in liitle more quantity and also spines on it can damage the tongue of the animals liitle bit.

for feeding fodder to sheep- 1st see from where you will be going to buy the animals i.e.- from the local farmers or from the well managed farms because the fully grown animals which you will be buying if it has the habit of gazing on open lands , it can feel difficulty to adjust with farm grown fodder for some time but kids can easily adapt to your fodder with in some days.

if the animals are not eating farm grown fodder, dont worry keep them hungry for 1 or 2 days and slowly start the farm fodder. this is my experience for Sheep.

mrfarm

Dear Sir,
Hybrid Napier RBN 13 or BAIF 11 is better than Co3 and C04 as it contains less amount of oxalate no spines on it. this you can have from Maharashtra KVK.
Co3 and C04 can effect reproductive system of Sheep / Goats due to prsence of oxalate in liitle more quantity and also spines on it can damage the tongue of the animals liitle bit.

for feeding fodder to sheep- 1st see from where you will be going to buy the animals i.e.- from the local farmers or from the well managed farms because the fully grown animals which you will be buying if it has the habit of gazing on open lands , it can feel difficulty to adjust with farm grown fodder for some time but kids can easily adapt to your fodder with in some days.

if the animals are not eating farm grown fodder, dont worry keep them hungry for 1 or 2 days and slowly start the farm fodder. this is my experience for Sheep.
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for th information Regarding CO3 and CO4.

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.