Pomogranate Cultivation in Andhra Pradesh (RangaReddy Dist)

Register

sriniagro

Hi,
I am curious to know about cultivation of Pomogranate in my piece of 4 Acres land. Till not I was just using it ro raise Maize. as it was not giving me much commercial advantage I am thinking to start Pomogranate cultivbation. Could any one suggest me with details of cost involved, infrastructure required & per Acre fruit import etc. If possible I would like to visit the premises (around Hyderabad) before starting up the project. Pls leave your contacts and share practical experiences & thanks in advance.
BS Reddy

ananyaagrotech

Hi,
I am curious to know about cultivation of Pomogranate in my piece of 4 Acres land. Till not I was just using it ro raise Maize. as it was not giving me much commercial advantage I am thinking to start Pomogranate cultivbation. Could any one suggest me with details of cost involved, infrastructure required & per Acre fruit import etc. If possible I would like to visit the premises (around Hyderabad) before starting up the project. Pls leave your contacts and share practical experiences & thanks in advance.
BS Reddy
pomegranate cultivation well drain sandy light soil is best.it requires dancing shadow no direct sun light,no direct shadow. fruit production 3 to 5 years 70 to 80 fruits per year per tree..5 to 7 years 80 to.100 fruits per tree per year .7 to 10 years 100 to 200 fruits per year per tree.. generally all are planting 194 plants per acre.no inter crops in pomegranate plantations..in our dense planting method 242 or 302 plants per acre depending on soil type.and suitable inter crops .4 to 5 types of inter crops 1 type of plants 75 nos 2&3 type of plants 302 nos each,4th type of plants 906 nos, 5th type of plants 1510 nos ,as inter crops acomadate . in that same acre land. these suitable inter crops support the main crop for increase production.and inter crops give additional income through the production.in our method power saving,water saving,through out the year good fruit production. low maintenance.more income.it is natural organic method you get fruit good quality,good size,good price.. in this method initial investment after that low maintenance high income. we are giving consultancy please contact ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in.

sriniagro

Pomogranate cultivation

Could you share high level estimate of possible expenditure per acre of Pomogranate cultivation and also the returns part of it.

I am also looking to have a field visit of the farms (preferably around Hyderabad) to get more primary information.

Pls share if you can extend your service to any of my above queries.
Thanks,

kavinkumars

I have 50 pomogranate trees in my form , they are 2 years old , they are now with fruits , but the fruits are infected, suggest me some pesticides.

garao56

Hi,
BS Reddy
Dear sri BS Reddy garu

The cost of cultivation of Pomegranate per acre is as follows ( As per NABARD unit cost)
9 POMEGRANATE ( 0.4 hectare )
Variety Ganesh, Muscat, Mrudula ,Ruby etc*
Spacing(m) 4 X 3*
No of Plants 330*
S.No Item of expenditure Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Total
A Material
1 Planting Material including 10% casualty
replacement in second year @Rs.25 per layer 8250 825 0 9075
2 Manure and fertilizer 4400 5500 6500 16400
3 Irrigation 1500 2000 2500 6000
4 Plant Protection 2000 2500 3000 7500
5 Live Hedge(Temporary) 1000 1000
Sub Total A 11690 10297 2000 33987
B Labour 0
1 Land Preparation 1650 1650
2 Digging of Pits 3300 330 3630
3 Refilling & Planting & Stacking 660 66 726
4 Interculture (including application of M&F,
PP chemicals and Irrigation) 600 1000 1000 2600
5 Training & Pruning 600 800 1400
6 Harvesting 500 500
7 Watch & Ward 500 500 500 1500
Sub Total B 7310 2696 2000 12006
Grand Total 19000 12993 14000 45993
Grand Total(rounded off) 19000 13000 14000 46000
Unit cost*per acre Rs. 46000

Please contact us for project report for availing Bank term loan and also for technical advice:
G.Ananda rao B.Sc(Ag)
Agri Finance consultant, Vijaya Agro Consultants
Mobile: 9703128495
Mail: garao56@gmail.com

kavinkumars

Dear garao56 , i am intrested in cultivating pomegranate in a commercial way . I am in tamilnadu , ours is a dry land , it is possible to grow this plant in a dry land with minimum water?

ananyaagrotech

I have 50 pomogranate trees in my form , they are 2 years old , they are now with fruits , but the fruits are infected, suggest me some pesticides.
mr kavin kumar remove all the infected fruits.how many fruits you are getting in each plant. don t allow more fruits up to 3 rd year plant growth will be delay. what is your soil condition.what is your weather condition.send me details to email ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in pomegranate cultivation well drain sandy light soil is best.it requires dancing shadow no direct sun light,no direct shadow. fruit production 3 to 5 years 70 to 80 fruits per year per tree..5 to 7 years 80 to.100 fruits per tree per year .7 to 10 years 100 to 200 fruits per year per tree.. generally all are planting 194 plants per acre.no inter crops in pomegranate plantations..in our dense planting method 242 or 302 plants per acre depending on soil type.and suitable inter crops .4 to 5 types of inter crops 1 type of plants 75 nos 2&3 type of plants 302 nos each,4th type of plants 906 nos, 5th type of plants 1510 nos ,as inter crops accommodate . in that same acre land. these suitable inter crops support the main crop for increase production.and inter crops give additional income through the production.in our method power saving,water saving,through out the year good fruit production. low maintenance.more income.it is natural organic method you get fruit good quality,good size,good price.. in this method initial investment after that low maintenance high income. we are giving consultancy please contact ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in.

Last edited:

ananyaagrotech

remove all the infected fruits.how many fruits you are getting in each plant. don t allow more fruits up to 3 rd year plant growth will be delay. what is your soil condition.what is your weather condition.send me details to ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in

shanmuga06

Hi,

The pomegranate cultivation is very familiar among all farmers in India.Intially the pomegranate was cultivated in Maharastra ,Pune surroundings.The pomegranate will grow any kind of soil subject to well drainage of water in rainy seasons.Even very barren land also suitable for pomegranate cultivation.Some minimum water facility also enough .We can accomadte nearly 450 pomegranate saplings in one acre of land.The standard spacing dimension for pomegranate cultivation will be 12"x8".

The yield of the pomegranate will be as follows we can remove the flowers for two years.On completion of two and half years we can get 2 to 4 tons per acre.On completion third year 3 to 5 tons ,fourth year onwards 4 to 6 tons .Six to seventh year the yield will be staplised to maximum yield of 15 tons.(subject to the proper watering,fertigation and well maintainence )

The above said details regarding pomegranare cultivation is applicable for our own breed/variety called "Bahawa Giant Nandini".This has been promoted and propagated from existing "Bahawa"

regards,

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in