Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Polyhouse or Greenhouse

Register

Click Here!

sasa

Hi,

I am new to the farming industry and would like some advise on the direction for a 2 acres land for cultivation near bagalore? Poly House / Greenhouse, obviously there are benefits with Greenhouse compared with Polyhouse but with increased costs.

The question / inquiry I have, and hoping to be answered is, if there is minimum land size requirement to start looking at Greenhouse if the plan is to use for Floriculture (maybe Gerbera) with the combination of a vegetable. What I am getting at is, due to the high initial capital investment / fixed cost involved with Greenhouse is there a general rule to only invest in greenhouse if land size is atleast a minimum of X Hectares to ensure the spread of the costs over a larger amount of crop yield to get a better benefit to cost ratio? I would like to get some views on this and maybe if any references to other similar posts / articles. Thanks in advance

sasa

Poly House or Glass House

I understand that Greenhouse is a broad term so hope you understand I meant Poly house or Glass house

mohan23

Greenhouse

Hi,
Green house on acres of land is a very expensive proposal. What I suggest you is that you create a small one...details of which are available aplenty online...and then have the hang of it and then expand. To start with never start on a large scale unless you have a lot of money to burn. all the best.
Prof.Mohanram

akhileshorganic

Green House

Dear Sir,

Greetings!

This is Akhilesh Tiwari, I am B.E. (Ag.), PGDOAM, MBA having long experience in the field of organic agriculture, Floriculture, Horticulture, Green House and Organic Textile.

As you have mentioned you want to setting up Green House, now a days a lot of government scheme is going on to promote Green House cultivation. You can use that facilities. I will tell you all about that.

I provide consultancy on the above fields. A lot of projects are successful running in all over the India in my consultancy.

I have a lot of questions in my mind before start giving consultancy so please call me on my mobile number or mail me full detail of your project.

Thanks

With Regards

Akhilesh Tiwari

Last edited by a moderator:

tropex

Green House / Poly Houses

Dear Friend,
Before jumping to a conclusion, please check the most important factor --- ELECTICITY SUPPLY,
is this regular and uninterrupted ?
is this affordable ?
is it economically feasbale ?
if the answer for these question is affermative the
please ahead otherwise the investment in green/poly houses will be
a complete waste.
I have burnt my fingures !!!!
For place like Banglore , i think its ideal to go for high roog shede houses
Feroz