Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Organic Fish/Prawn farming?

Register

Click Here!

mvrhyd

Hello All,

I want know about the possibility of Fish/Prawn farming in Organic way. If anyone has tried in organic way, please let me know the process. As of today, the cost of the aqua culture has become very expensive and has greate degree of risk. By means of organic way, I think we can cut down the input costs on the feed and medicines very much and make the fish/prawns chemical free.

Please share your idea and experiences.

Thanks in advace.
Venkataramana M

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello mvrhyd,

You can grow without any expenses at all. Below are the possibilities for growing Fish in organic manner.

1. If you have fresh Cow Dung, there is no substitute for this. Place the fresh Cow Dung in the Pond and the Carps will like this and grow well.
2. If you have Chickens, create a Cage on top of the Pond and the Chicken manure should fall into the water.
3. If you have Glyricidia sepium leaves, create a small bundle of the leaves along with the stems and place them in the bottom of the water. You should first go with small bundles to understand the needs of the fish and therey increase it.
4. If you have Sheep/Goats, the excretion can be used similar to the cows.
5. Rice Husk can be given to the fishes.
6. You can place c04 grass or leafy vegetables as feed.

BTW, please let me know the current cost involved and the profit you are making for others to understand where you are making/or losing money.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesn

mvrhyd

Padmanabhan Ganesan - Thanks for your reply.

Actually, my friend has done the prawn(Tiger) culture in 6 acres. The expenditure was about 20 lacs for feed, medicines, power (generators). The net income is below 9 lacs and we had a huge loss. I was one of the partners in this. He used the latest feed and medicines but due to virus the output fell down. So, I am curious to find out the natural ways to get good results with less input cost.

What would be the natural material which can used as medicine to make the prawns or fish immune to diseases/viruses.

Thanks
Venkataramana M

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hello mvrhyd,

Please through the website which will be of usefulness to you related to Prawns.

The suggestions I have provided in my earlier post was all for carps.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Sir,

Pls contact my number. We are manufacturers of 100% organic Prawn Shrimp feed & probiotics.

Warm Regards,
Sakthi

Last edited by a moderator: