Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Orchards - Buying plants from nursery vs germinating seeds

Register

Click Here!

paragdere

Hi,
I plan to follow the ZBNF model for setting up Orchards @ my farmhouse, but as an experiment will only do it for 2 sectors (36 * 36 ft). Still it will require large number of plants for Mango, Custard Apple, Chiku, Drumsticks etc.. I have the following questions:
1) Buying plants from Nursery is going to be very expensive, could i grow the plants by germinating the seeds ?
2) Where can i buy good seeds from ?
3) What is the ideal time for planting ? - Just as when the monsoon starts or just after monsoons ?
4) When do i need to germinate the seeds, given the answer to point #3
5) Is it ok to replace a few plants, like instead of having 4 mangoes, could i have 1 mango, 1 coconut, 1 tamarind ?

Thanking you in advance !!
-Parag

germinating seeds

buying plant from nursery is quick process to get production.from seeds you have to wait for long time for production.you have to maintain from seedlings to plantation up to production.seeds available with us. you have water availabilty any time you can germinate seeds. plantation when the monsoon starts.mango ,coconut,tamrind are different canopys different carecters defferent structures so it is not advisable to replace. for more details ananyaagrotech@yahoo.co.in

Last edited: