Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

New to Agriculture

Register

Click Here!

spiratla

I'm very much new to agriculture, i took 7 acres of land for lease (6yrs). I wanted to setup capsicum forming. I was told that before i do anything i should get the soil tested. Can i know where can i do this. The land is on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Please help me by posting the soil testing outlets in Hyderabad.

Thanks,
Srinivas

kirti s

Dear mam,

before going for agriculture u will have analyse the soil and water first it will help u to apply fertilizers so go to near by agricultue/Horticulture dept or University of agriculture sciencs . as for as capsicum to obtain good quality u can go for shade net will yield better quality fruits then so many new varietys have come up u can try in metro cities grate demand for capicum.

Regards

Kirti s

essabee

I'm very much new to agriculture, i took 7 acres of land for lease (6yrs). I wanted to setup capsicum forming. I was told that before i do anything i should get the soil tested. Can i know where can i do this. The land is on the outskirts of Hyderabad. Please help me by posting the soil testing outlets in Hyderabad.

Thanks,
Srinivas
Srinivas, your post is causing as much attention as sugar spilled near an ant's nest. Take care and choose wisely. Normally it is good to start with a soil test as that shows where the peg on which you want to hang the manures, soil conditioners, and fertiliser stands. You should visit your nearest agricultural institute they will direct you correctly to the place where you can help without unnecessary payment. For water contact the local agriculturists first and only thereafter any self claimed "expert".

I have been gardening since I could handle a hoe. I have a 56 acre farm which is presently run by my younger son. I now stay in the town house and do some kitchen gardening and floriculture. It is necessary for us oldies to stay in town for looking after the education of our grandchildren.