Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need your kind advise...

Register

Click Here!

puneetsingh30

Hello Experts

I need to know which short duration (3-5 months) medicinal crop is suitable to plant in winters (sowing time October onwards) to which animals especially Neelgay (Blue bulls) can not harm either by eating or by damaging it. Actually in my farm area at Uttar Pradesh, neelgay is very prominent problem.

Please also suggest short term medicinal crops to be planted February onwards and free from animal risk that I can harvest before June.

Soil type is sandy loam, neutral to slightly alkaline. Irrigation source available.

Do neelgay harm Satawari plants during initial/later stages?

I will be highly thankful to your kind suggestions. Please reply and help me.

Thank you
Puneet
Gurgaon

Ashwini

HIiI
You can write to the NRC medicinal plants , they will give u the correct procedure to get rid of neelgai and also try having few fences.

Regards
AShwini

Last edited:

ponsanthan

Medicinal Herbs

You can try the following crop, Tulsi, Kalmeg, Chitrak mool, aloe. Coleus forskohli, Doodabel (Leptadenia reticulata) can also be cultivated. You can plan for solar fencing to keep the nilgai away.

puneetsingh30

Crops for winter and free from animal risk..

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I need a medicinal crops to be planted during Oct-Nov and Feb-Mar and to which animals do not eat or damage. Please suggest some crops according to these points.