Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Need help in settling for an Agri venture option

Register

Click Here!

agri_lover

I am a agriculture enthusiast. Basically I have a land of around 2 acres with good water source and soil being mix of white and red. I have two options for cultivating. I need your guidance in settling for one.

Option 1:
I am planning to cultivate some fruit planatations like mango,guava,jackfruit,lime,sapota,papaya,pomogeranate,coconut. I am planning to have a main course of around 1.75 acres for this crop and rest of 0.25 acres with one or two trees of the rest.My query to you is which is a best option for the main course. Kindly suggest me the best plant for the main course in terms of cost,profit, maintainance.

Option 2:
Planning 1.75 acres of Teak plantation only and rest of 0.25 acres with one or two trees of the rest(fruits mentioned earlier).How profitable will this option be in terms of cost,profit and maintainance.

Since I am a beginner even a small input from experience people like you will make difference for me and mother earth.

dahiyathedon

HI

nice to c your passion for agriculture.But you hv not mentioned wthr u want to adopt agri for just a hobby or want to get into it to commercially.
If later ,then watever u hv planned for 2 acre ,is not at all viable .U ll not generate enough income from 2 acre if u go with traditional agri.

I would suggest to plan some hitech project ,green house ,dairy ,poultry etc.

agri_lover

Hi dahiyathedon, Thanks for you response. To start off Its more like a hobby. It will be fine it the revenue generated takes care of the expenses but in the long term may be 10-15 years down the line I make think of this as a commercial option. do you think having Teak or sandal woods may be a good options