Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Need guidance to start the dairy farm

Register

Click Here!

somkar

@kanhaiyasharma1991

to answer your query,

1.How should I start dairy farm with the help of government subsidy and what is initial cost of it?
Answer: Initial cost depends on Few factors like
- Number of cows you want to start with,
- Availability Agriculture land to grow fodder,
- Availability of pasture land for free grazing,

2. How can i make it more larger by every month or year.
Answer: - we advise you to First get 10 cows, you can learn and experiment all aspects from feeding, breeding, milk supply and cash flows. later you can replicate.

3. Where will I supply the all rest milk
Answer: Contact a nearby residential complex to supoply a good quality adulteration free milk.

4. I have fear of theft then what should i do
Answer: You can insure your cows.

5. How to calculate per month expense profit loss
Answer: You need to keep books for records of daily expenses and incomes.

6. After a year or more, can I make it automatically dairy farm.
- yes you can . in fact if you find good market , going for automatic milking and cleaning is very essential to save yourself from labour dependency.

7. Can i supply milk to amul, mother dairy, reliance or any local milk distribution company and HOW

8. Chance of loss and how to make it sucessfully

-Please get a perfect project advise from experts before moving ahead .
-Associate with someone who is doing Dairy farming successfully in your area.
-Attend trainings to get hands on expert advise and Experience.

We will be happy to help you with our expert team having experience in diverse fields of animal nutrition, Health , Breeding , Milk quality etc. to establish proper scientific Dairy farm without trial and errors and losses.

Please contact us @
Deepak Bhanushali
- Chief Knowledge Officer
[B. Sc. (Agri ), MBA (Agribusiness)]-
+ 919819533511 -

Hiren Chovatiya - Head, Consultancy & project Operations
[M. Sc. (Agri)] -
+919427746210
Pl arrange to post ur details of needs onmy whats app number 9822194289
rgds
Somkar services

somkar

PFA ARTICLE ON FAQ , PREPARED AFTER SHORT EXPERIENCE OF 26 YEARS .
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DAIRY FARMING

Q-What is definition of Dairy farming?

A-It is combination of Arts , science and commerce. it is an art because of handling of animals , labors , supervisors, suppliers and purchasers etc. It is an science because help of science in animal health, production , reproduction etc is a must.It is a commerce because you have to invest money and come out with profits .

Q-What are important topics for successful dairy farming?

A-Finance, Nutrition, Breeding and animal health, A2 milk production are important topics.

Q-What is investment to return ratio?

A- Very difficult to answer ,because the inputs and outputs vary in many ways . In CAPEX- The loan and interest in EMIs is to be devided in 507 years The rising costs of land are prime concern and the main culprit for new dairy farming entrepreneurs, the cost of cows vary from Rs.70000/- to 1.5 laks per animal. The shed construction cost varies from place to place depending upon building material used. Only ,The prices of chaff cutter and milking machines needed as per farm size are known initially.

The working capital comprises of Feeding cost of animals as milking , non milking , male and female calves, bulls if any.It varies from Rs 50 to 200 per animal per day.The medicine, breeding costs, water and electricity are each Rs 1000 per animal per year.

The problem of shortage and lethargy of labors and non availability of Skilled supervisors in this sector making many investors to think twice .So the salaries ranges from area to area.

Any business has three years breakeven and so we hope here also.

Q- What is role of genetics and or Management ?

A- Though superior genetics is important for good yield , along with it Management of dairy farm plays its key role.

Q- Can u define Role of Nutrition?

A- Yes, No matter above both r needed but nutrition will help conducively to get more results because it provides best proteins, fats, energy, TDN , minerals to the animal, without which u cannot succeed .

Q-is different feed needed in different stages of lactation.?

A- Yes, the needs of animals vary before delivery , 100 days after delivery, 100-300 days after delivery and during dry period . Even the body weight changes which is to be correlated with feed needs.

Q- What are factors affecting proper results of feed.?

A- Seasonal and suitable deworming , control of ectoparasites , Healthy status of animal(proven by Lab support),Good shed, and no doubt is quality of feed .

Q-What is quality of feed, pl explain?

A- Balanced feed with proper % of proteins, fats, TDN is good quality provided raw material is tested promptly ,feed stored suitably and complaint solved sincerely.

Q-Only feed will help or other any things needed?

A- Only feed is not good so dry and green fodders in quantity as per animals body weights are to be supplied , otherwise the expenses on cattle feed will not give proper results, So to overcome this , proper arrangement of fodders as per animal number is needed.

Q-What are different types of feed ?

A- The feed is different for Bulls, goats, Horse, Calves, Poultry etc.

Q-Why and how calf nutrition is different?

A-The development of stomach of calf is as like human for first 8 weeks. As human cannot consume grasses, so the calf, hence the feed of cow cannot be used for calves.

Q-How to maintain the economic cycle of dairy farm?

A- The income of farm is from cow tourism, sale of milk,milk products, urine and cow dung products.For this, the cow should be pregnant in 60 days after delivery, otherwise every cycle repeated costs the owner extra Rs 4000 per cow .

Q-What are other incomes other than routine?

The 42 household products for human use and 12 for natural farming are extra source of income for a farmer. Big herds can think of power generation, CNG generation etc.

Q-What are diseases of cow?

A-Mastitis, repeat breeding , thieleria are in addition to HS BQ FMD etc.

Q-why minerals are needed?

A-The minerals play very important role in body metabolism and are drained out of body from milk so needs to be supllimented , Otherwise deficiency creates disorders or diseases and income slows down.

Q- Do anybody provide training on scientific dairy farming/On job training?

A-Yes, If needed by the investors as per the size of farm.

Q-IS there any video for online learning of dairy farm /goshala management

A- Yes-you can download dr Yogis videos on youtube in Marathi for 3 hrs , hindi for 5 hrs and English – 7 hrs and then prepare ur list of questions and ask it on TUESDAY on whats app number 9822194289 .

B- Thanx______

Last edited by a moderator:

somkar

Hi,

I want to open dairy farm nearby my village arround good colonies. Please guide me on below points:
1.How should I start dairy farm with the help of government subsidy and what is initial cost of it.

2. How can i make it more larger by every month or year.

3. Where will I supply the all rest milk

4. I have fear of theft then what should i do

5. How to calcuate per month expance profit loss

6. After a year or more, can I make it automatically dairy farm.

7. Can i supply milk to amul, mother dairy, reliance or any local milk distribution company and HOW

8. Chance of loss and how to make it sucessfully
PL POST UR WHATS APP NUMBER TO 9822194289 TOREVERT YOU
SOMKAR SERVICES

somkar

AUTHOR HAS SMALL BUT PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN EXPORT QUALITY RAW MILK QUALITY IMPROVEMENT/GOSHALA MANAGEMENT /BUFFALAO MANAGEMENT AND NOW FROM ONE YEAR IN CATTLE FEED FACTORY, CAN BE CONTACTED ON WHATS APP/ TELEGRAM/SKYPE ON ONLY
ANY TUESDAY NUMBER IS 9822194289

UNFORTUNATELY DAIRY FARMING IS VERY LESS MONITOREDIN CORERLATION WITH LAB REPORTS.

HENCE IF YOU WANT TO BE TECNO -COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL ABOUT DAIRY FARMING , PL PERFORM FOLLOWING TESTS AND MONITOR YOUR DAIRY FARM FROM SOME ADVISOR-

1) WATER AND SOIL TESTING -ONCE PER YEAR
2) BLOOD STOOL URINE TESTING -THRICE A YEAR
3) A 2 MILK TESTING -ONCE A YEAR
4) DNA TESTING -ONCE IN LIFETIME
5) CATTLE FEED AND GRASSES -AS PER LOTS/ BATCHES
6)MILK - QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITIVE -AS PER CONSUMER NEEDS.

marpffc9

hi,
kindly suggest me am planing to start the dairy form,kindly send details for that and do the need full.
It is dairy farm and not dairy form. I have attached a model report of NABARD which is available for free download by anybody in google search link https://www.nabard.org/pdf/Dairy_farming.pdf
If you want me to prepare a project report based on your requirement you may have to give details of your requirement , infrastructure you have . I have personal experience of having run a 10 cows dairy unit in a village for one year including milking of animals and marketing milk to local coop society etc. For more consultancy details contact me at marpally8@gmail.com

Attachments

greenlandfns

PFA ARTICLE ON FAQ , PREPARED AFTER SHORT EXPERIENCE OF 26 YEARS .
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DAIRY FARMING

Q-What is definition of Dairy farming?

A-It is combination of Arts , science and commerce. it is an art because of handling of animals , labors , supervisors, suppliers and purchasers etc. It is an science because help of science in animal health, production , reproduction etc is a must.It is a commerce because you have to invest money and come out with profits .

Q-What are important topics for successful dairy farming?

A-Finance, Nutrition, Breeding and animal health, A2 milk production are important topics.

Q-What is investment to return ratio?

A- Very difficult to answer ,because the inputs and outputs vary in many ways . In CAPEX- The loan and interest in EMIs is to be devided in 507 years The rising costs of land are prime concern and the main culprit for new dairy farming entrepreneurs, the cost of cows vary from Rs.70000/- to 1.5 laks per animal. The shed construction cost varies from place to place depending upon building material used. Only ,The prices of chaff cutter and milking machines needed as per farm size are known initially.

The working capital comprises of Feeding cost of animals as milking , non milking , male and female calves, bulls if any.It varies from Rs 50 to 200 per animal per day.The medicine, breeding costs, water and electricity are each Rs 1000 per animal per year.

The problem of shortage and lethargy of labors and non availability of Skilled supervisors in this sector making many investors to think twice .So the salaries ranges from area to area.

Any business has three years breakeven and so we hope here also.

Q- What is role of genetics and or Management ?

A- Though superior genetics is important for good yield , along with it Management of dairy farm plays its key role.

Q- Can u define Role of Nutrition?

A- Yes, No matter above both r needed but nutrition will help conducively to get more results because it provides best proteins, fats, energy, TDN , minerals to the animal, without which u cannot succeed .

Q-is different feed needed in different stages of lactation.?

A- Yes, the needs of animals vary before delivery , 100 days after delivery, 100-300 days after delivery and during dry period . Even the body weight changes which is to be correlated with feed needs.

Q- What are factors affecting proper results of feed.?

A- Seasonal and suitable deworming , control of ectoparasites , Healthy status of animal(proven by Lab support),Good shed, and no doubt is quality of feed .

Q-What is quality of feed, pl explain?

A- Balanced feed with proper % of proteins, fats, TDN is good quality provided raw material is tested promptly ,feed stored suitably and complaint solved sincerely.

Q-Only feed will help or other any things needed?

A- Only feed is not good so dry and green fodders in quantity as per animals body weights are to be supplied , otherwise the expenses on cattle feed will not give proper results, So to overcome this , proper arrangement of fodders as per animal number is needed.

Q-What are different types of feed ?

A- The feed is different for Bulls, goats, Horse, Calves, Poultry etc.

Q-Why and how calf nutrition is different?

A-The development of stomach of calf is as like human for first 8 weeks. As human cannot consume grasses, so the calf, hence the feed of cow cannot be used for calves.

Q-How to maintain the economic cycle of dairy farm?

A- The income of farm is from cow tourism, sale of milk,milk products, urine and cow dung products.For this, the cow should be pregnant in 60 days after delivery, otherwise every cycle repeated costs the owner extra Rs 4000 per cow .

Q-What are other incomes other than routine?

The 42 household products for human use and 12 for natural farming are extra source of income for a farmer. Big herds can think of power generation, CNG generation etc.

Q-What are diseases of cow?

A-Mastitis, repeat breeding , thieleria are in addition to HS BQ FMD etc.

Q-why minerals are needed?

A-The minerals play very important role in body metabolism and are drained out of body from milk so needs to be supllimented , Otherwise deficiency creates disorders or diseases and income slows down.

Q- Do anybody provide training on scientific dairy farming/On job training?

A-Yes, If needed by the investors as per the size of farm.

Q-IS there any video for online learning of dairy farm /goshala management

A- Yes-you can download dr Yogis videos on youtube in Marathi for 3 hrs , hindi for 5 hrs and English – 7 hrs and then prepare ur list of questions and ask it on TUESDAY on whats app number 9822194289 .

B- Thanx______
We are planning to set up a very large Dairy cum Organic Farming project in Karnataka, within 200 KM from Bangalore.
If you are interested to take up consultancy to set it up on Turn key basis, please contact us by mail so that we can share basic proposals. Please mail to: greenlandfns@gmail.com

dittoela

I am a retired AGM of NABARD providing agriculture consultancy . Let me know the number of cows you would like to rare so that i can prepare a project report and email to you. You may approach any nearest nationalized bank with the project report and seek bank loan. My email id is marpally8@gmail.com.
Hi sir I am interested to start a cow farm. Total numbers are 20. Please give details about nabard scheme. My contact 9080600314

The Supreme AgroTech aims at providing our customers with best-in-class, end-to-end dairy farming and agro solutions. We provide assistance to our client's right from idea conception to a fully functional dairy farm customized according to their needs. We extend our, Eco-friendly and scientific methods of cultivation to agro farming clientele.

Our consulting services focus on efficiency, quality and productivity, creating value to the client through innovative solutions, technology and managerial excellence.

We are partners with

1. Genus Breeding India (ABS India) is part of Genus PLC United Kingdom- the world's leading provider of bovine genetics and reproduction services, marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe.

2. Berg & Schmidt India is a part of Berg & Schmidt has a history of more than 50 years and is an acknowledged pace setter in lipid technology in animal feed industry. The company is a part of Stern Wywiol Group based in Hamburg, Germany. It has branches all over Asia, Europe, South Africa & America and does business in over 50 countries. The lipid product range of the company includes liquid fats, fat powders, lecithins etc. required for poultry, dairy, piggery & aquaculture industries.

In addition to these international partnerships, we are partners with NDDB and Amul Dairy India pioneers in dairy services in India.

Dairy Farming Services

• Guidance in Business Prospects / Investment Opportunities
  • Project Plan and Report
  • Housing of Cattle (shed design)
  • Dairy Farm Equipment Sourcing and Selection
  • Fodder Management and Hydroponics
  • Feed and Nutrition Management
  • Procurement of Livestock
  • Breeding and Farm Management
  • Manpower Planning & Solutions
  • Training of Manpower and HRD
  • Renewable energy (Biogas) solutions

Our Consultancy Services include all aspects of dairy and agricultural operations.

Please feel to contact us with your requirement on 9052825854, 9948033733 or srujan.prasad@thesupremeagrotech.com

Attachments

cattle breeding

We into Indigenous Cow Breeds Research and Conservation. We can provide Elite Kankrej Gir Sahiwal and Rathi Cow Breeds for Milking purpose.

We can provide Cows to only Pure Breeding projects only.

Avg Milk Yield 10-12 litres, 12-15 litres and 15-18 litres/day n all Elite Breeds.

Your inquiry entertained only on Merit basis. We can provide our Cows to only who have good experience in Elite Cow Breeds' Milking, Feeding with sufficient Green Fodder readiness.

Best Milker advisable for all True Care of Cow Breeds.

Some Rare Progeny can be on offer to dedicated farms only.

We need complete farm/Gaushala regd documents, other papers before dispatch of Cows.

For details call : nine7six44six6 three four five
hi,
kindly suggest me am planing to start the dairy form,kindly send details for that and do the need full.

nicolee

My husband and I for a long time want to open a dairy farm. I study a lot of information, looking for an online solution and still, we do not have enough confidence to take the first steps. Every time, just one thought stop us, what if this will not work. Here, in the correspondence, I see that many people ready to give professional assistance in this question. This gave me motivation and confidence to start my favorite business and to make my dream come true.

iirfab7a

My husband and I for a long time want to open a dairy farm. I study a lot of information, looking for an online solution and still, we do not have enough confidence to take the first steps. Every time, just one thought stop us, what if this will not work. Here, in the correspondence, I see that many people ready to give professional assistance in this question. This gave me motivation and confidence to start my favorite business and to make my dream come true.
Please contact me on 9632153873 iirfan_8@yahoo.com

The Supreme AgroTech aims at providing our customers with best-in-class, end-to-end dairy farming and agro solutions. We provide assistance to our client's right from idea conception to a fully functional dairy farm customized according to their needs. We extend our, Eco-friendly and scientific methods of cultivation to agro farming clientele.

Our consulting services focus on efficiency, quality and productivity, creating value to the client through innovative solutions, technology and managerial excellence.

We are partners with

1. Genus Breeding India (ABS India) is part of Genus PLC United Kingdom- the world's leading provider of bovine genetics and reproduction services, marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe.

2. Berg & Schmidt India is a part of Berg & Schmidt has a history of more than 50 years and is an acknowledged pace setter in lipid technology in animal feed industry. The company is a part of Stern Wywiol Group based in Hamburg, Germany. It has branches all over Asia, Europe, South Africa & America and does business in over 50 countries. The lipid product range of the company includes liquid fats, fat powders, lecithins etc. required for poultry, dairy, piggery & aquaculture industries.

In addition to these international partnerships, we are partners with NDDB and Amul Dairy India pioneers in dairy services in India.

Dairy Farming Services

• Guidance in Business Prospects / Investment Opportunities
  • Project Plan and Report
  • Housing of Cattle (shed design)
  • Dairy Farm Equipment Sourcing and Selection
  • Fodder Management and Hydroponics
  • Feed and Nutrition Management
  • Procurement of Livestock
  • Breeding and Farm Management
  • Manpower Planning & Solutions
  • Training of Manpower and HRD
  • Renewable energy (Biogas) solutions

Our Consultancy Services include all aspects of dairy and agricultural operations.

Please feel to contact us with your requirement on 9052825854, 9948033733 or srujan.prasad@thesupremeagrotech.com