Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Mushroom Farming can we make it sustainable

Register

Click Here!

surraaa

Hello Everyone,
This post is basically to collect information about mushroom farming right from designing a space efficiently to controlling the climate for good production, replacement of formalin or any other chemical for sterilization, spawn collection, compost making, finding right substrate locally,maintaining the fruiting place using minimum human intervention, marketing/selling the product year around, if possible.
I am basically planning to start a mushroom farm in the outskirt of bangalore if people who are experienced in this sector can shed some lights on the challenges they have faced. Some tips and tricks to which are essential for it, it would be great.
Also if people can share information about some good mushroom farm near bangalore where i can go and check personally, training centers, mushroom that suits to bangalore climate etc. Any value added products from mushroom.
I am sure there are many people who are interested in doing so we can also collaborate. I will be extremely grateful if people can share there personal experience in mushroom farming which is beneficial to our community.

maitys

Hello Everyone,
This post is basically to collect information about mushroom farming right from designing a space efficiently to controlling the climate for good production, replacement of formalin or any other chemical for sterilization, spawn collection, compost making, finding right substrate locally,maintaining the fruiting place using minimum human intervention, marketing/selling the product year around, if possible.
I am basically planning to start a mushroom farm in the outskirt of bangalore if people who are experienced in this sector can shed some lights on the challenges they have faced. Some tips and tricks to which are essential for it, it would be great.
Also if people can share information about some good mushroom farm near bangalore where i can go and check personally, training centers, mushroom that suits to bangalore climate etc. Any value added products from mushroom.
I am sure there are many people who are interested in doing so we can also collaborate. I will be extremely grateful if people can share there personal experience in mushroom farming which is beneficial to our community.
The main obstacle is the clarity that farming mushrooms is not just a potential business….It’s a community enterprise ! Proprietary business days are over
From out sourcing waste to marketing – it’s a group activity !
In the current biological disaster scenario( COVID-19 ), slow down to recession market condition and saving food supply chain in cities ; there is enough space for this community enterprise … Being a novice start from a on hand basic mushroom training Mushroom Research Laboratory , ICAR-IIHR , Hesaraghatta , B’lore