Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mushroom Cultivation

Register

Click Here!

mathewsw

Hi

I just started with Mushroom Cultivation (doing it for the first time). I got the first set of harvest also. But waiting for the second harvest. How long does it take in between the harvests? Do we have to block the sunlight in between the harvests? Please do clarify my doubts. :)

Dear friend,
You have not explained which variety of mushroom you are growing. For a beginner it might be milky or paddy straw(since the season is correct). For experienced cultivators ofcourse it may be oyster mushrooms too.
Anyway, all mushrooms benefit from a rest in between harvests. So it is always advisable to avoid stresses just after a successful harvest and allowing the mushroom bed to recover/rejuvenate.
Wishing you happy mushroom cultivation experience,
Gayatri Agri Hort.

garao56

Approximately 21 to 25 days after preparation of beds , mushroom primordia will begin to form. Mature mushrooms should be ready for harvesting in another 10- 15 days. If the substrate has not yet been completely colonized, the onset of fruiting will be delayed. The beds must be kept in dark rooms and with controlled temperatures.

for appraoching any Bank for a term loan - Please contact the folloiwng :

Last edited by a moderator:

fisya

Do you need Organic rice (Rice healthy family) ??
if you like you may visit HERE
give advice or comment !!! ^_^ THANKS

Last edited by a moderator: