Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mango Export

Register

Click Here!

sandhyaprasad

i sandhyai native of vizianagaram dist.i have nearly 80 acers mangocrop. stil we are exporting mangoes to kolkatta and delhi.but we losse minimum support price due to mediators. so i would like to export to other countries like gulf..etc hense i reques you to guide me what are the norms and regulations to do and what are the best ways to find buyyer

kirti s

Hello sir,
Please let us know which variety you are cultivating, very few varieties like Alphanso and Bangainpalli are most in demand and the indians who are in abroad are the customers for this varities. if you want to export you can buy from other farmers then export also.
different country s insist or demand they have to be cultivated under good agriclture practices like EUROGAP- eurpopeon good agriculture practices where permitted chemicals and doses only be used.
coming to documentation required for export-
1.Import Export code- issued by Department of Agriculture and CO-operation, quarantine- GOI-but for agriculture goods you can visit APEDA office in your district and discuss they can issue temporary permit later you can obtain proper IMPort and export code.
2.Agreement between buyer to export .
3.Phytosanitory clearance- this you can obtain from Quarantine stations , like BIAL,Bangalore, PQS-MAngalore, PQS-Chennai and govt of karnataka deligated horticulture department to issue phytosanitary certificate after looking the product free from pest and disease.
4. you can also have some consultant available who will help you to obtain all of the above or you can export somebody else Import and export code also.