Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Is Teak Plantaion is Profitable

Register

Click Here!

nsurabi

Sir,
I am Having 5 Acers of Wet land and thinking of to grow teak plantation.Is it profitable , if profitable Information regarding Plantation ,Variety of Plants,Income from the plants, etc needed.
Any body having experience in growing teak plantation ,help me
Thanking you
Ravi Kumar N
Please contact..............

Last edited by a moderator:

shanmuga06

Teak plantations

dear sir,

You have asked about teak plantations.Its very fine investment.We will definitely help you in this regard.Here i want to suggest tissue culture saplings.its growth is very fast than seedlings/stump plantations.You will get will get assured income of Rs 10000/- per tree on completion of 10 years.

For more details please contact us;

a sivakumar
priya Nursery garden,
karaikudi-630001,
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

vkv_2

Sir,
I am Having 5 Acers of Wet land and thinking of to grow teak plantation.Is it profitable , if profitable Information regarding Plantation ,Variety of Plants,Income from the plants, etc needed.
Any body having experience in growing teak plantation ,help me
Thanking you
Ravi Kumar N
Please contact..............
Teak is indeed a very profitable venture. But bear in mind teak is a very long term crop varying from 22 to 30 years.

The fruit of your efforts will be realized only after the given time frame. Until then you will have to wait and make constant investments in you land in order to get high quality trees.

only if you are able to sustain the growth of trees for the above time frame you should consider tweak.

Other wise go in for tree variety's such an Casuarina, bamboo , eucalyptus , Magnum etc.

good luck in you venture.

shanmuga06

Teak plantations

Teak tree plantations is lenthy span of cultivation.this was known by everybody.Mr.VKV stated short term tree plants like eugaliptus,caursina and mangium.Is it mangium tree is shot term tree plantations? I dnt have any ieda?Mr Kiriti will throw some light in this regard.i think mr Vkv dnt know the tissue culture technology.The teak now propagted through tissuce culture.And also its gives good yield in short period i.e minmum 10 years.

A sivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

gowda

Dear Surabhi

Teak is profitable in long-term without any doubt.
I have not herd from any Farmer who claimed good yield in 10 years even in commercial cultivators of Panama or Costa Rica.
If any formers claims they are getting good yield in 10 years with TC Plants, It will be great.

Plan A
In Large scale Commercial cultivation it works in following way. Number of tress to be thinned and interval of thinning will be based on growth and your affordability

Plant 1200/Acre
First Thinning 200 plants (after 4 years) - No significant income
Second Thinning 200 Plants (after 8 years )- You can earn little money by selling Poles.
Third Thinning 200 Plants ( after 12 years- You can get decent income
You can decide one more thinng at 16 or 20 and the Final cut based on heartwood and sap wood ratio in tree.

Plan B
Plant 600 Plants/year and do inter crop with no thinning for first 12 years.
I have planted Teak in 30 acres near Mysore and planning to go for Pineapple and or Papaya after teak plants are established.

aromedindia

teak plantaion

all the members are of the opinion that teak is good in long term. No body is perfect in science because knowledge generation is a continuous process and one has to learn time and again. Mr ShivKumar , you are advocating for TC teak and frequently mentioning that it can attain good growth in 10 yrs. Thats true but simply saying this does not work in this forum. can you explain why it does better than seed or cutting planted saplings. People writing in this forum are suppose to be more more knowledgeable than a common farmers. A scientific explanation regarding superiority of TC saplings over other one can be more convincing and beneficial to the members.
Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com

gowda

Guys

It is very easy to testify the claim by considering Height and diameter of the Tree.

Please ask for the Sample of a Sliced 10 year TC Teak tree and verify the following

1) Annual rings -Every tree will have circular rings for each year with this with this you can confirm Tree was cut after 10 years or more

2) Heartwood and Sapwood ration- Tree should have substantial heart wood compare to Sap wood. Heart wood fetches real price. Heartwood will be dark in color compare to Sapwood. Sapwood can barely fetch few buck

After validating you can calculate return per tree by Multiplying Volume of Heartwood X Market price of Teak.

As per my knowledge It is taking more than 20 years in current technology for Teak tree to attain considerable yield of Heartwood.

I will be more than happy if i am wrong

Thnx
Gowda

Last edited:

shanmuga06

Tissue culture Plantations

Dear Aro ma sir,

Thank you for your remebrance about me and tissue culture teak plantations.I am allways recommand and suggest all members about tissue culture teak.Thats my destiny.i accepted your verson that all members are well qualified in this forum.At the same same time i am not a scientist as well as not much well qualified.i am a intensive agriculturist i.e ordinary farmer.i know the burden of farmers during their cultivation.so i want to stop the tearsof the the farmer's eyes.If you face any difficulties by planting the tissue culture teak saplings or you got some loss.Kindly let me know it.First up all i ask all members that the tissue culture technology is good or bad? Sir i am not having tissue culture lab.I used meet numbers of farmers day by day and know their problems by planting the seedlings of the Teak.i have somany illustrations and testmonies in my hand.So with out knowing anything please you should not discourage the farmers.Mr Gowda sir you have mentined that you planted 30 acres recently .The planting materils of your garden is ordinary seedlings /stumps .you will face much problems and difficulties during your harvest period i.e minimum 25 to30 years.Kindly let me know the growth rate your teak plants.When you have planted the stumps that also inti8mate me and height of the plants.Gowda Sir where you have purchased the stumps or own germination?If you have purchased from some body that you have seen the mother plant of the teak or where the seed were collected ? The age of the trees ? These parameters are required for teak plantations.this not annual crop? This cultivation is a pernial cultivation.But in tissue culture these questions are does not arise.the agri .scientist will look after.Ok I come to cultivation of pachouli .This is very good herbal and oil extraction plant.is this plantations will profitable for farmers? and what about vennila cultivation?
In tamilnadu one farmer cultivated vennila in his land.Finaly he lost Rs 15 lakh in one and half acres land.Kindly help him to recover his lose.Here i told about one farmer and i am having one list.

Thanking you

A Sivakumar

shanmuga06

teak plantations

dear aroma india,

You have asked me to submit a detailed report about merits tissue culture in this forum.Really i very prod of me.You have stated most of the members are well qualified.So i kindly request al of them please list out demerits of Tissue culture in general.Please note all the members of this forum accept the agarwood cultivation .Is it possible in plains even southern parts of india.

thank you

A sivakumar