Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How many coconut can I get from a mature tree in a year?

Register

Click Here!

atulkalaskar

Hi Friends,

This question is for anyone who has expertise in coconut cultivation as a grower or as an expert and I will greatly appreciate your input.

How many coconuts one can get from a fully matured (say 15 years of age) coconut tree? Organic, Inorganic does not matter.

Furthermore is it possible to get 250 plus coconuts from 15 year old tree? Please do realize I am not talking about any latest hybrids but 15 year old plants.

Any and all inputs will be greatly appreciated.

kirti s

coconut yeild

Dear sir,
with condition you can get 150 to 200 is avg yield in indian conditon and that depend on the management during 15 yrs as coconut is fertilizer responsive only after 3 yrs of application so plan accordingly.

Regars

Kirti Naik

Prabhakar

An Organic Fertilizer to Double COCONUT Plantation Yields

Hi Friends,

This question is for anyone who has expertise in coconut cultivation as a grower or as an expert and I will greatly appreciate your input.

How many coconuts one can get from a fully matured (say 15 years of age) coconut tree? Organic, Inorganic does not matter.

Furthermore is it possible to get 250 plus coconuts from 15 year old tree? Please do realize I am not talking about any latest hybrids but 15 year old plants.

Any and all inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Dear Mr. Atul,

Advanced biotech Research group introduced High Yield Fertilizer "WIN-A-CROP".

World's latest research product "WIN-A-CROP" DOUBLES the Coconut Plantation Yields.

WIN-A-CROP's 2way nutrition improves Soil fertility and Crops productivity, resulting in 100% higher yields, fetching highest income to the Farmers.

WIN-A-CROP is Eco-friendly and absolutely safe Herbal formula with world’s most advanced SMMAAP technology, promotes rich green growth & higher yields and improves resistance to microbial diseases.

WIN-A-CROP technology is nominated for WORLD FOOD PRIZE (USA), certified by the scientists of Agriculture University, OF&G (UK) and represented to the Honorable Agriculture Minister Sri Sharad Pawar in support of SECOND GREEN REVOLUTION.

We are inviting Farmers to utilize WIN-A-CROP's double yields benefit.

To buy WIN-A-CROP Hi-Yield Promoter or for trade inquiries, please contact us on 098481-95999 or email to organictech@gmail.com.

Regards,
Prabhakar DKS,
Advanced Biotech Research Projects,
WIN-A-CROP Projects (Mfg & Mktg),
# 104, Surya Prabha Paradise,
Door No: 18-1-21/14, Maharanipet,
Visakhapatnam-530002, A.P., INDIA.
Tel & Fax: +91-891-2754178,
Mobile : +91-98481-95999.
E-mail id: organictech@gmail.com

gvaranam

Coconuts trees.

Dear Athul,

I read your posting. One sentence in that "Please do realize I am not talking about any latest hybrids but 15 year old plants" gives me a picture about your knowledge regarding the coconut plantations in India. Are you from India. Have heard about a Person/family named MURIKKAN in Kuttanad in Kerala. In 1940s he made surrounding mud walls in certain portion of the Vembanad lake [it is in the back waters of Kerala] pumped out the water stored inside. He cultivated rice in that soil which is lower by more than 2M from the water level of the lake. To reinforce those mud walls he planted coconut trees there. Most of the trees he planted first time were lost due to several reasons. The few survived gave him tremendous out put. He developed a new verity from those trees known as WCT. Then a number of such planters personally developed another one known as Komadan. Then the NVS from Kayamkulam developed another one named as TxD. These are the first generation hybrids. Those trees gave us around 100 nuts per year. Then the items developed by CPCRI [initially it was the "Cocnut Reaearch Station started in 1916 at Kasargod] of India are Chandrakalpa, Kera Chandrika, etc were reached the farms in 1980s with an average yield of 100nuts. Then the second generation like Kera Keralam with an average yield of 150-175 nuts reached the farms in the last of 1980s. I also planted 50 trees from the first group released. Which are giving an average of 200 nuts or more per year for the small farms like mine. A coconut require 13 months to harvest. Where as the Tender Coconuts are harvested at the fifth month. So the yield will be 175-185% when the TCs were harvested.

Last edited:

atulkalaskar

How come no one is supporting your numbers? Neither you have an evidence which is acknowledged by any competitive authority.

Can't take things for granted just because some one claims so....

Hopefully some quality people with sound knowledge will answer with scientific data to this question and only then I will trust it.

I also asked you to analyse what made plants to give so many nuts? You never gave any details on that. But if the plant itself is genetically capable of giving 250 plants as you suggest then organic really made no special difference while in organic farmer must have done something wrong as he was getting less nuts.

I would love to see the analysis.