Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Help Required in selecting the Best Crops

Register

Click Here!

svelu76

Dear friends,

I am Planning to Buy 5 acres of land near Harur with Good Water. I am Planning to start some Cultivation which can give me good returns . I request all the experts to Suggest the Best Crops to be grown and the method i have to follow and the investment needed.

Please also suggest if you come across the Contract farming in this Area with Buy Back.

I am also interest to know the horticulture department and the contact person who will guide me and help me to identity the Cultivation Crops.

Regards,
VELU.S

card

Dear friends,

I am Planning to Buy 5 acres of land near Harur with Good Water. I am Planning to start some Cultivation which can give me good returns . I request all the experts to Suggest the Best Crops to be grown and the method i have to follow and the investment needed.

Please also suggest if you come across the Contract farming in this Area with Buy Back.

I am also interest to know the horticulture department and the contact person who will guide me and help me to identity the Cultivation Crops.

Regards,
VELU.S
plz read my thread posted GOVT. GRANTS & SUBSIDY i can also give u all these facilities

vishwanath108

mr. velu you can grow banana i will help you buy back also
as i am from bangalore as you have my number you can call me back

vishwanath
bangalore

vkv_2

dear svelu76,

Good to see your interest in Agriculture.

Before you decide on the cropping pattern for your land look into the type of soil available and water.

The type of crops that are grown in your surrounding area.

the market for the crop that you have decided to grow.

and the gestation period for the crop plant or tree that you decided to plant and the expenses that you will incur during this period.

based on this you can decide your course of action.

aromedindia

Five acres land

Dear svleu 76
Its very vague question. If some one really wants to make suggestion, one has to search for Harur and then study the agriculture and climate of the place/region. Unless one knows about the finance, management, knowledge and expertise, market and so on, it is difficult to suggest. Also,a crop/technology may be appropriate to one person in village/place but not to others. For example, cultivation of green chilies/bitter gourd or kitchen herbs may be most appropriate for a small holder who has 1000 sqm of land and family labour, and can arrange harvesting and selling in local himself, may become a most economical for him but not to others who has to auction the crop to some one because of high labour wages or non availability of labour in the area. Many times we encounter with such question where people ask which is most remunerative crop to grow or which crop or cropping system can assure highest return. Rather than asking which crop/tech will suit most under the situation one is to operate.

VKV-2 has rightly pointed out some of basic information required to make/suggest relating to a crop/tech.

Anyway, being agriculturist and having a bit of knowledge in the field, we appreciate your interest in agriculture that has potential to address the major issues being faced/likely to be by all of us.

aromedindia@gmail.com