Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Guidance on Emu farming

Register

Click Here!

nitinsachdeva30

Dear Sirs,

I have seen lots of post regarding the sale, consultancy of Emu birds and eggs.
but its very hard to see a buyer for the same birds and eggs which has raised up certain questions in my mind.

I would like your attention and your response on the questions I am putting up:
1. Are the Emu eggs overpriced @ 1500/egg.
2. Is there any ready market where one can sell emu products.
3. Does the cost for a pair justified at Rs. 15000/ pair for a small 2-3 mnths old bird when the egg cost is 1500/egg.
4. What would be the future trend of this product.

Thanks,
Nitin

jm_emu

Nitin,

You can find answers to your questions in some of the blogs and usergroups. Since they are the same questions for everyone, and was answered.

Search for "emu farming guide" in blogadda or google.

Also, go to Linkedin to find out "Emufarmers" in India group.

garao56

Emu Farming

Currently the demand for Emu chicks is very high which is over the supply at present. Therefore there is a great demand for chicks in the market. This situation will possibly remain over a period of 6 – 10 years. After this period marketing will be for raising of birds for oil and meet ie., fattening of birds for meat purpose which has equal sales realisation as seen in sale of chicks to farmers. Presently Eggs are sold at Rs.2000/- each and Chicks are being sold at Rs.6500 to Rs.7000/- per chick . The 6 months age old bird will cost about Rs . 10,000- 12000/-. The adult bird after two years will be costing around Rs.25000 - Rs. 30000/- for breeding purpose. The emu birds will survive 25 to 30 years and generate income to the farmers continuously over a long period.

for Project Report plese contact: G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag),

Last edited by a moderator: