Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Guidance in pursuing degree in agriculture

Register

Click Here!

shanca

Respected members

My name is Shankara Narayanan. I am 31 years old and a Chartered Accountant by profession.

I am going to work for a non profit organisation that helps improve the livelihood of small farmers.

Apart from the practical exposure that I would get by observing the working of the farmers in the field I am very keen to also obtain a degree in agriculture through distance learning.

However after going through various websites of agricultural universities, I have not been able to find such programs.

Hence I would be grateful if you can :

a) guide me with details of relevant courses that universities offers as part of its distance leaning program and/or
b) provide syllabus of diploma degree of a reputed university along with the details of prescribed text books

Thank you for your guidance and look forward to hearing from you.

greenlandfns

Respected members

My name is Shankara Narayanan. I am 31 years old and a Chartered Accountant by profession.

I am going to work for a non profit organisation that helps improve the livelihood of small farmers.

Apart from the practical exposure that I would get by observing the working of the farmers in the field I am very keen to also obtain a degree in agriculture through distance learning.

However after going through various websites of agricultural universities, I have not been able to find such programs.

a) guide me with details of relevant courses that universities offers as part of its distance leaning program and/or
b) provide syllabus of diploma degree of a reputed university along with the details of prescribed text books

Please see post about VASOF Training course: Post dated 26/05/2019.

Also see:
http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soa/programmes
http://www.aau.in/college-menu/4271/1015
https://www.uasbangalore.edu.in/index.php/extension/distance-education-unit
https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/news/story/no-distance-degree-programmes-for-agriculture-courses-says-ugc-1487842-2019-03-27

Last edited:

sivakumar71

Respected members

Hi
Myself, Kumar have completed B.Sc(Agri) and CA working with MNC in Bangalore. Let me know your contact details

ponannin

I think the best Virginia Polytechnic Institute, known as Virginia Tech offers a Master’s Degree in Agricultural and Life Sciences. The program provides scientific-based courses for professionals in agriculture, life sciences and related fields. The degree is intended primarily for professionals who would like to pursue an advanced degree but are not able to travel or relocate. And if you need help, you can turn to eessayexplorer.com, read reviews and maybe open paperial with which the university cooperates. Virginia Tech offers many different focuses for specializations in various fields of agriculture. Students are required to take a set of core courses and must also select an area of concentration.

Last edited:

garao56

Dear sir,
There is no scope for distance learning in agriculture except certificate course s like oranic farming from IGNOU, Horticulture course in Annamalai University etc.
Since, you are a CA professor please try to under various certificate courses available in Indian Agril Universities which may be sufficient to gain knowledge in Basic Farming Activities

G Anandarao B.Sc(Ag)
Ex Agricultural Officer & Agricultural Banker
Vijayawada, AP
9703128495/8074257374
garao56@gmail.com