Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Growing Coffee In Haiti

Register

Click Here!

jonnyarmony

Hello, my name is Jonathan. I have a dream to grow coffee in Haiti and help the country through economic means. However, while I know how to make a great cup of coffee/espresso (as I am a barista in the States). I am not educated on what a good coffee plant looks like, or what I need to do in order to grow good coffee.

Haiti has a history of growing coffee very well, however when Fair Trade came and regulated coffee growers in Haiti. Farmers could not meet the demand and were forced to shut down their plantations. Thus, there are pieces of land with coffee already growing on them, but are not receiving any care or harvesting. So, I would like to find these pieces of land and purchase them and help make them even better.

If you have any knowledge on how I can go about making this happen, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I am working through Foursquare Church, a non-profit. Thank you for any assistance or advice you can give me.

-J

Regarding coffee cultivation

Hi Johny , First Best wishes and good luck for your plan and for the service to poor farmers. I'm Senthil l , Im the one of coffee high yiled farmer,
As for the coffee plantation , its really very good return crop . but current farmers they does not know how to gain the return in economic way.Per acre after all the expenses( Labour , fertilisers etc) we can get a gain around 1 lacks rupees as a profit from coffee.
each coffee plant need 8 feet gap . Inside the coffee u can also grow orange trees, After 5 years u will get return one lack from orange ( it will be more on the following years to due to age of trees) (orange tree u can plant in between the coffee plants)
And silver oak tree u can plan on the boundary of the coffee land, after 14 years u can sell those trees more than 10 to 15 lacks ( depends on the demand)
silver oak plant u can keep the distance 3 feet on the boundary that will become biological fence as well.

you can also grow pepper on silver trees after three years from the plantation pepper alone will give the return for 50 thousanda and next year 60 thousand etc...

Coffee has two varieties first one is robusta and other one is selection.
selection per kg is 40 rupees where as selection is 150 rupees so ask the farmer to change the plants first
send me a mail for more info

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:

vishwakarma

Hello, my name is Jonathan. I have a dream to grow coffee in Haiti and help the country through economic means. However, while I know how to make a great cup of coffee/espresso (as I am a barista in the States). I am not educated on what a good coffee plant looks like, or what I need to do in order to grow good coffee.

Haiti has a history of growing coffee very well, however when Fair Trade came and regulated coffee growers in Haiti. Farmers could not meet the demand and were forced to shut down their plantations. Thus, there are pieces of land with coffee already growing on them, but are not receiving any care or harvesting. So, I would like to find these pieces of land and purchase them and help make them even better.

If you have any knowledge on how I can go about making this happen, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I am working through Foursquare Church, a non-profit. Thank you for any assistance or advice you can give me.

-J
Hello,

We are interested in developing Coffee plantation in Haiti.

We are in process of developing Agri - Food project in Ethiopia and Argentina

Please contact me by sending Private Message to me.

Regards

MRC

Please

dvenky2002

Coffee production.

Hi,

I can provide you teh very good facts of coffe plantation.

do mail me back

I would share the details.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.d
Please contact..

Last edited by a moderator: