Drip irrigation system for Maize cultivation

Register

rkreddy88

Hi All,

I have 25 acres dry land which is having less water so please suggest can i go drip irrigation system for Maize cultivation.

Appriciate for your valuable suggestions...

Thanks,
RK Reddy

kirti s

hello sir

Maize crop is sensitive to both moisture stress and excessive moisture, hence regulate irrigation according to the requirement.
Ensure optimum moisture availability during the most critical phase (45 to 65 days after sowing).

Pls see the below video about drip irrigation in maize and get some ideas
Growing Corn with Drip Irrigation by NDJ - YouTube

kirti

wellwish

hello sir

Drip irrigation is more suitable for Maize crop in dry lands through the system we can maintain optimum moisture level in the root zone for further details pl give your location

Last edited by a moderator:

ckpal

Dear Mr. Reddy

First you should test your soil condition and then adoption the BBF (1m width) system with drip will be good option for maize cultivation because if the field have the excess quantity of water that time crop will not be damaged.

any further queries please send

Regards

ckpal

:rolleyes:all,

I have 25 acres dry land which is having less water so please suggest can i go drip irrigation system for Maize cultivation.

Thanks,
RK Reddy[/QUOTE]

pawashesatish

Drip irrigation system

Sir i am dealer for finolex plasson ind ltd please send me yr details of contact

padmanabhan_ganesan

Hi All,

Thanks,
RK Reddy
Dear RK Reddy,

Instead of Drip Irrigation, it is better to go for sprinklers as the maize crop is not a stand alone crop.

Padmanabhan Ganesan