Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Diary farm in Rajashtan

Register

Click Here!

onkor

i am based in Jaipur, interested in having small project of Dairy. As do not have much knowledge of it - so wants to start from small and then grow slowly. Myself and my wife are educated- wife is M.Sc. Agriculture. I have many queries for which i need to know your detailed expert advice.
1. Is Jaipur suitable for Diary project?
2. How many cattle are sufficient for small project?
3. Is Govt. provide support and financial help/ loan for setting up this project- if yes than how to get loan for it - where to forward the application and project? Any subsidy?
4. Initially - how many cattle ( Buff? or Cows?) should be kept so that we cover up the expenditure- for smooth moving project?
5. How much man power is needed for the small project and what should be their qualification and experience?
6. Is permanent Vat. Doctor is needed 24 hours bases or his weekly or monthly or when ever needed - visit is ok.
7. Do we have to supply the end product MILK within 2 hours after milking as temparature in Rajasthan is very high. Or we need to setup cool unit / refrigeration unit for keeping the milk in it?
8. What is your advice for processing the milk for other product like butter, Lassi, Cottage cheese, etc.
9. For basic initially small Dairy farm - how area is needed and how much covered area is needed?
10. Pls. provide some other details which you think is needed for setting up the project.

aposa0003

hi..
dairy farming has a good scope in jaipur as there are very less number of dairy farms in and around jaipur..!
how much farming land you have or you are planning to buy that also..?

Ashwini

Hello Sir

You can start a dairy farm in jaipur, thats not a problem at all. Initially to start with you can buy 2 cows and slowly expand on the same. You can see the vet once a month or whenever it is needed.
Tharparkar is the local breed found in rajasthan ( Jodhpur, Kutch and Jaisalmer). If interested in exotic breeds you can buy jersesy. It is acclimatised to hot and humid climate.

Selection of dairy cows
Selecting a calf in calf show, a cow in cattle show by judging is an art. A dairy farmer should build up his own herd by breeding his own herd. Following guidelines will be useful for selection of a diary cow.

* whenever an animal is purchased from a cattle fair, it should be selected based upon its breed characters and milk producing ability
* History sheet or pedigree sheet which are generally maintained in organized farms reveals the complete history of animal
* The maximum yield by dairy cows are noticed during the first five lactations. So generally selection should be carried out during First or Second lactation and that too are month after calving.
* There successive complete milkings has to be done and an average of it will give a fair idea regarding production by a particular animal
* A cow should allow anybody to milk, and should be docile.
* It is better to purchase the animals during the months of October and November.
* Maximum yield is noticed till 90 days after calving.

For all practical purposes visit a nearby dairy farm

Regards
Ashwini

dr_vivekpatil

Hi.
Do have a look for a Small Scale Dairy Farm Project Report as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs i.e. you can change the number, milk yield & cost of animals, sale price of milk, bank loan rate, repayment period etc. and observe its impact on profitability in the spreadsheet.
Many other Projects are also being developed for progressive farmers. Do let me know if any changes have to be made in the program.
Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil

Last edited by a moderator:

prateekvaish

We at Model Dairy Consulting Services provide our clients complete end to end solutions in dairy farming. Our services start right with the conception of idea of an ideal dairy farm fully customized according to the local environment and client needs. We are the only dairy consultants in India which actually own and operate a 250+ cattle breeding Farm with Indian born Pure HF (F6/F7 i.e.92%+ exotic blood level). Our consulting services focus on efficiency as well as efficacy. We assure not only timely completion of project but also on optimum utilization of resources. Our Consultancy Services Include all aspects of dairy farm operations some of which are mentioned below:-
1. Project report preparation (50 lakhs to 10 crores)
2. Developing Standard farm operating procedure and annual business plan
3. Farm layout
4. Manpower planning and solutions
5. Tailor – made Training sessions
6. Sourcing of Livestock
7. Fodder management
8. Computation of feed.
9. Farm mechanization
10. Optimization of operating costs and efficiency ratios
11. Designing of most economical, comfortable and secure cow sheds and other required spaces.
12. Assistance in marketing of livestock after 2 years (even complete buy back arrangement can be worked out for pregnant heifers.)
Salient features of our A-Z Dairy Consulting Services :-
Technical knowhow matched with 30 years of practical experience of owning and running a dairy farm.
Focus on maximizing productive investment and minimizing investment on non productive items.
Selection of plant, machinery and equipments to be need based and not based on whims and fancies.
Alternate designs offered in most fixed investment so as to minimize it.
Guaranteed savings of 15 to 25 % in your project cost.
Guaranteed lucrative returns on investment.
Most economical and rational service charges.
For Trade inquiries or more information kindly visit or contact at:
Model Dairy Farm,
Naramau, G.T. road, Kanpur – 209217 (India)
Phone: 09936286478 , 09936296361.
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com
visit us on web : Model Dairy Farm | dairy cattle, hf cow, jersey cow, sahiwal cow, cross breed cow, murrah buffalo, hf buffalo, hf bull, murrah bull, farm fresh products, cow ghee, paneer, khoa, curd, milk badam, organic basmati rice, cattle feed, farm yard manure, c

somkar

i am based in Jaipur, interested in having small project of Dairy. As do not have much knowledge of it - so wants to start from small and then grow slowly. Myself and my wife are educated- wife is M.Sc. Agriculture. I have many queries for which i need to know your detailed expert advice.
1. Is Jaipur suitable for Diary project?
2. How many cattle are sufficient for small project?
3. Is Govt. provide support and financial help/ loan for setting up this project- if yes than how to get loan for it - where to forward the application and project? Any subsidy?
4. Initially - how many cattle ( Buff? or Cows?) should be kept so that we cover up the expenditure- for smooth moving project?
5. How much man power is needed for the small project and what should be their qualification and experience?
6. Is permanent Vat. Doctor is needed 24 hours bases or his weekly or monthly or when ever needed - visit is ok.
7. Do we have to supply the end product MILK within 2 hours after milking as temparature in Rajasthan is very high. Or we need to setup cool unit / refrigeration unit for keeping the milk in it?
8. What is your advice for processing the milk for other product like butter, Lassi, Cottage cheese, etc.
9. For basic initially small Dairy farm - how area is needed and how much covered area is needed?
10. Pls. provide some other details which you think is needed for setting up the project.

Dear dairy aspirant
As u have not given ur mobile no
pl call fordiscussion of 32 topics if profitable dairy farming
Rgds
Dr yogi
MVSC DBM PGT Israel
Nanded MS

bibin14353

Hi

Have you started your project. I am also from jaipur and thinking on a similar project.

Pl get in touch on 9983525000

dilip gurjar

I am dilip Gurjar from steat Rajasthan distic kota th.sangod village khadiya
Me dairy farm ka business kr na chata hu plzz asapt my riqcwast