Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Country Chicken Eggs

Register

Click Here!

iamnjayakumar

Dear ones,

I am Jai from Coimbatore and I am interested in starting a Country Chicken Egg business.

I want to know more about what are the types of Country chickens available and which one yields more eggs and meat. If there is any country chicken farms in and around Coimbatore, I am ready to have a visit.

Is there any veterinary college near by?

Regards,
Jai.

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear iamnjayakumar,

I will give you some details which may be of good help to you.

Types of true Country Chickens:-
=========================
1. Aseel (I am interested in this) - 92 eggs/year
2. Chitlagong
3. Kadacknath (I am interested in this & great potential as it has medicinal value) - - 105 eggs/year

Genetically modified but classified as country chicken:-
4. Kuroiler (I am interested in this & this is excellent to grow as backyard poultry) - - 200 eggs/year

Basically the 3 i have mentioned are DUAL PURPOSE BREED meaning they are good for eggs as well as for meat.

You can contact/mail me for information related to the phone numbers/sites of TNAU. I have details of those who has country chicken in coimbatore dist. Since contact details are NOT allowed, I am unable to provide them to you in this forum.

Since you are in coimbatore, you should contact the TNAU University for veterinary details.

NOTE: I am expecting people to contribute their knowledge/information rather than asking for complete details.
Please ask the right/direct questions rather asking for complete details.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan

vrindavanfarms

Kuroiler

Dear Padmanabahan
I saw your post.I am interested in getting Kuroiler chiken for farming.Please guide me also please guide me ,where to get "VANARAJA"GIRIRAJA"
Sent you mail PM
Thank you very much for the help

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear vrindavanfarms,

Kuroiler Chicks are sold by Kegg Farms. For Vanaraja, Girija Chickens, please contact you local KVK.

Note: I have given the phone numbers to contact in my PM.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan

karthic1

Hi Frdz,

I am karthic from Dharapuram ....Good to see peoples supporting and sharing idea to help others in agri ....

I am looking to start few business on own and i have high prioruty on Country Chickens ...

So you ppl have already started this business ? Will this business be genuine and good ...

looking for support ...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

chicken

Country Chicken

Dear Sir,

I Need some country chicken buyers information in my place, near Tiruchendur, Tamil nadu.

Kindly help me.

Regards,

Justin